Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

How to get to INT. TIKI Day (Hoity Toity style)

Pages: 1 8 replies

OK, it is time to tell you where the Hoity Toities of "So Cow" (Southern California)
are going to celebrate International TIKI Day. Aug. 9th (2nd Sat. in Aug from now on.)
It's at the Alex Hale.
It starts at 4ish/ If you are worried about yourself, bring a sleeping bag.

Bring: bathing suit, change of clothes, TIKI attitude, and if you can, bring something to help feed the gang.

18641 Oak Ridge Rd.
Santa Ana, CA

From the 405 or the 5 get to the 55 go north
From the 91 get to the 55 go south
Off at 17th street head east (towards the foothills) {buy a damn compass}
Or towards Tustin
For those of you that came to our last party, the street signs are fixed now.

Approx. 1mile you come to Old Carriage if you turn Right (BUT DON'T)
Turn Left on Esplanade (yes, you have to say a for the e on the end)
Go to the 1st stop sign and turn Right on Dodge.
The 3rd street on your left (I said, don't count the streets on your right,)
Will be Winthrope (please do not pronounce the e) turn left
2nd street on your left is a Cul-de-sac with two houses on it.
That's Oak Ridge.
If you look at the two houses and cannot figure out which one is ours,
get in your car and go home.

Bax,

We be der. We no breaky-breaky, I go PP in da pot. You got carpet or tile?

HH

oh jedibaxter, im sooo there. Since im driving in I cant cook, but I can pick up some KFC or something ,you name it.Im bringing my sleeping bag, Hey its a double wide, any takers? (hint hint)...:wink:...j/k

Hey Bax, I can fix those brakes of yours. I'll bring a sleeping bag, a floor jack, and some tools along with the Tangerine Chicken w/flyed lice.

A

BUMP!!!

T

Hey Baxdog,

I'll try to get the band over there about 5:00 so we can suck up all your booze before we attempt to play anything.

We'll probably start annoying the neighbors about 6:00...

Hey Bax, have you warned the neighbors yet?

F

Yeah, what about that lady next door? The next morning we watched from betwixt a crack in the curtains as she tottered over to the front of the house and just stared at it, perhaps trying to invision the debauchery that obviously took place there the night before. Then she tottered closer and stared some more...maybe this time at the giant 6-foot tall Ku with glowing red eyes on the front porch. She retreated, stopped, then turned again and assessed further with the Mrs. Kravitz curled lip of disapproval. Walked Baxward to again glare at the big-ass tiki. Very Candid Camera.

I hope that one is braced, Bax.

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-08-06 19:18 ]

Bax's directions included the following puzzling passage for the portion the the trip after you get off the freeway at 17th St. and head East:

"...Approx. 1 mile you come to Old Carriage if you turn Right (BUT DON'T).
Turn Left on Esplanade"

If memory serves, I think the situation he is describing is one of those where you are travelling along and encounter an intersecting street. On the right side the street has one name and a different name on the left (bastards!).

SO, when you see Old Carriage, you know you are at the correct intersection, but do not be alarmed when you look to your left and see that the name on the left side is Esplanade. Calmly proceed to make your left onto Esplanade.

Is this right, Bax?

Pages: 1 8 replies