Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Mint 1949 Tiki Room (and house) for sale

Pages: 1 10 replies

Aloha Everyone,

One of your members came through our house today and suggested that I post on your board about our house and Tiki Room.

We have an immaculate English style home with all original fixtures and finishes that we are selling, and it has a mint 1949 Tiki Room. It is pretty amazing. If you would like to see pictures just follow this link:
http://www.seetoby.com listing #2334.

Best regards,
Gem

Ooops,
The correct link is:

http://www.seetobuy.com listing #2334

Sorry about that.

Jesus,
My house has two times the square footage, 5 acres, inground gunite Pool, two barns and is only 5 years old and I dont have but $120,000 in it. Is that a normal price for out west? I don't see how yall can live with the prices out there.

Oh, by the way, love the bar and the wall paper.

I was gonna say...our house is also double the square footage amount with a huge garage/workshop, 3 bedrooms incl. the guest area, and 2 1/2 beautiful, rolling acres of mountain rhotodendron woodland and meadow with a 300-foot lane...(not a half-bad tiki bar, either). We paid 132K for ours. 309K will buy you a sizeable house in Sky Valley resort right up the highway directly on 18 hole championship links or adjacent to the immaculate ski slopes, or south of us on your choice of three beautiful mountain lakes!

T

Shut up, I just paid $240,000 for a one bedroom condo!

Like they say, "Location, location, location!"

We paid 329k for our 2,900 sqft house w/4bd, 3bath here in Seattle. Indeed, location is everything. Plus, the salaries are higher here, too. It all works out.

I bought my place 3years ago for $219,000. A house two doors up just went on the market, asking price, $359,000. Real estate, go figure.

Tikifish Your place sounds like a mid-century dream. Sarien furniture, Rounded floor to celing windows and all. Any pictures?
Mahalo,
Al

L

Well that price seems very reasonable to me, of course I live in OC Ca. I think aside from NY, and San Fran we have some of the highest priced real estate. Many of you have been to my house, about 4 doors down, 3b/2ba, two story, no pool, sold for 449 in a week! It is crazy here!

I would like to see pics of that tiki room, all I see is the exterior.

[ Edited by: laney on 2003-07-21 12:31 ]

E

Laney, you're making the emspace mistake. there's a button above the exterior shot that sez "photos"...

:), em

T

I will post pictures soon... maybe once I dump my ikea couch and get something funkier. Right now the 'Klumperr' or 'Ugna' or 'Blogdort' or whatever its called is ruining the mid-century mood...

I want some curvy white sectional thing that looks like it should be on a spaceship. But I just can't seem to find one!!!

Pages: 1 10 replies