Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Kon-Tiki Menu

Pages: 1 10 replies

Just scored a Kon-Tiki drink menu from Portland. I'll post pics soon. Lots of interesting drinks in there.

G

Thanks! Very cool stuff there. The Demerera Float glass is new to me.

gabbahey

I'm just curious--Why is this in a seperate thread?

There wasn't a Kon-Tiki Portland thread in Locating Tiki, and since this was something I collected it seemed to make sense to post it here. If you're asking why it isn't in the sharing thread, I had a temper tantrum and stopped it for the time being.

1. Start a thread in Locating Tiki - post it there
  2. Tiki finds go in the Tiki Finds thread - post it there

There is absolutely no need to start a new thread in Collecting Tiki for every single new-to-you item you find--it would be a complete mess (as it was years ago) if people did this.

It looks like there has been over 9000 times that people have commented on their and other people's finds on the Tiki Finds thread so everyone else seems pretty dialed in to the why the Collecting Tiki section works.

Please kindly follow their lead.

Thanks for the guidance.

Once I finish cleaning it up, this menu will be available in the ephemera sharing thread.

The menus often command high prices. I tend to look for bargains. This one was water damaged, so I got it for a good price (didn't matter that much to me, since I scan them in and clean them up). But keep your eyes peeled, you can find some deals if you're patient!

Do you know the significance of that Tiki on the menu as it pertains to the Tiki Ti?

Awesome

Pages: 1 10 replies