Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

How did you find Tiki Central?

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

H

Most people join an internet community,
Lost in the middle of a foggy sea.
Most people long for an internet community,
One where they know they will like to be.

Tiki Central may call you,
Any night, any day,
In your heart, you'll hear it call you:
"Come away...Come away."

Tiki Central will whisper
like the wind on the sea:
"Here am I, your Tiki Central!
Come to me, come to me!"

Your own special posts,
Your own special themes,
Bloom on the keypad
And shine on the screen.

If you try, you'll find me
For what's hip on the scene.
"Here am I your Tiki Central
Come to me, Come to me."

Tiki Central,
Tiki Central,
Tiki Central!

Somedays you'll find me cruisin' Tiki Marketplace,
Or checkin' out the "Product of the Day",
You'll hear Ohana call you,
Singin' through the sunshine,
Sweet and clear as can be
from Bali Hai to Mai Kai to Kahiki:

If you try, you'll find me
Where the eye meets the screen.
"Here am I your Tiki Central
Come to me, Come to me."

Tiki Central,
Tiki Central,
Tiki Central!

(OK... I tweeked it. Stay tuned for my butchered version of "I'm gonna wash that Poi right outta my hair"...)

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-05-06 11:11 ]

L

was listening to an internet radio show and they played Quiet Village by Martin Denny. Martin who? I had never heard anything like this before. Did a google and discovered this wonderfully strange music called exotica. Did not take long to come across Konkai.com and then here.

S

Turned left at Greenland.

I myself, remember the early days of Yahoo when I managed to catch Hanford online. We would IM on occasion.

I believe it was Otto whom first told me of Tiki Central - when I wrote him a letter - yes, one of the primitive type, just after I found my first copy of Tiki News - and then I found all of my long lost friends here on Tiki Central - I could not believe there were others like you. How long has it been 10 years??? Or was it the Exotica list and Vern who told me, gosh Vern, have we know "of" one another all this time??

What a wonderful journey it has been.

ST

While doing some background research on the old Kahiki Restaurant in Columbus...National Register stuff...One thing just led to another then all of a sudden I was engulfed into this sea of maddness...I'm not complaining, it was only a matter of time.
Early Tiki influences were finding my parent's old Martin Denny Albums (they had all of 'em), then yearly trips to Disney World. Who gave a damn about Dumbo or Mickey when there was the Tiki Room and the Pirates of the Carribean. Funny how life works.

I guess this kid never grew up.

Swamp

T

Just sang Hodadhank''s rendition of Bali Hai from "South Pacific". Needs some fine tuning, maybe, but was fun to sing as is.
I found Tiki Central from a link on Tiki News, that eminate journal of groggery and polynesian fun, edited by the wizard of words, Otto.

tikiboy

Pages: 1 2 53 replies