Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Drink blenders

Pages: 1 2 replies

C

Hello tiki-drink mixers! Anyone bought or had experience with using one of those cocktail-size drink blenders? The kind that makes just one or two drinks at most? Any brand names to suggest? Also does anyone with a tiki bar also keep a small frig (for stowing extra coconut cream and fresh fruits) and a juicer handy at their bar? Can anyone share any tiki bar pix?

Well heck, I keep a bar fridge right beside the bed!
I've tried bottled mixes put out by TGI Friday's, but they're not anywhere close to being Tiki related. Tasty, but not Tiki. :)

-Tikiwahine

S

Not sure about the mixer.
I have the "milkshake" type mixer on the bar. I have an icer attachment on my Oster vintage beehive mixer and I crush it all into an ice bucket in advance. I keep an ice pick close by if I need to fix the crushed ice that freezes solid.
I plan to have a micro fridge for the juices, etc. I decided a full fridge was too and the smaller ones that make ice can't make enough to matter. The ice bucket is here to stay, so just a small fridge for mixers is best. I plan to incorporate it into the actual bar someday.
I can mix the drinks in the metal mixer cup and it holds 2 or 3 big mugs full with crushed ice.
Crushing ice is generally a loud affair, so I do it ahead of time in large quantities.

Pages: 1 2 replies