Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

My first Tiki painting.

Pages: 1 8 replies

M

This is my first post. I wanted to share my work in this gallery, thought it would be a good fit. My name is Mcbiff. I'm an artist out of Huntington Beach, CA. Currently showing my work mostly in Los Angeles. my website is http://www.mcbiff.com. These 2 pieces are the newest of my paintings. This is my first Tiki painting. I finally thought of a good enough idea for a tiki to start trying it out. I love the way these look, I can't wait to make more. The bottom is my signature style with the jar head look. Each head of my characters has a glass dome on top of their head with a symbol or idiom showing what they are thinking or feeling at that moment.

-Mcbiff

"Tig o' Tikies" Acrylic on Masonite. 16"x20"

"Eat your heart out" Acrylic on Masonite. 16"x20"

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 3, 2014 11:32 PM

Your "Tig O Tikies" got some Tig O Bitties. Hard to see past that. Plural of tiki is usually spelled tikis. ---The Spelling Police.

Are you a stalker? Your interest on your profile say GROG. GROG flattered, but GROG not really that interesting.

Got a bit of SHAG influence in your work.

[ Edited by: GROG 2014-03-03 23:48 ]

Well Grog said everything I was going to say, except for the Spelling Police bit
that's his job, so I will leave you with (That's good Art) & say hi to your dog for me......

T

Cool stuff.
Your lanterns on Stark raven mad are very cool.
Remind me of old Christmas wrapping paper.

Your work does kinda have a Shag look, but then I've seen lights that
kinda have a Skip look and nobody says nuttin.:)

Welcome to TC.

M
Mcbiff posted on Tue, Mar 4, 2014 7:50 AM

GROG, I'm a total stalker and I'm not sorry about it. You're worthy of a stalk.

Tiki Skip. Thank you, I was searching your lamps, wow. Those are amazing, is that Tiki oil drip lamp yours? That's just ingenious. Such a good idea and even better execution.

Of course SHAG is one of my influences, but I don't want to be a copy of course. I work pretty hard to try to find my own thing in these paintings. Thank you guys for the compliments.

Mcbiff

S

I love your work so much!

I don't think it looks like Shag..I think you have your own style.

Glad you posted on here!

HJ

Hip stuff. Cool style. Thank you for sharing.

Welcome to Tiki Central McBiff. I like'em! I wish I could see "Eat Your Heart Out" a little better and see what it is that they are "thinking". The girl is obviously the center of her own attention. I'm getting lust from the guy in blue (maybe it's the hand in the pocket? :lol: ) The guy in green is either hungry for dessert or wants to know if she is 18 yet. The guy in red is her ex and is plotting to kill her. Am I right :D

T

On 2014-03-03 23:32, GROG wrote:
Your "Tig O Tikies" got some Tig O Bitties. Hard to see past that. Plural of tiki is usually spelled tikis. ---The Spelling Police.

Are you a stalker? Your interest on your profile say GROG. GROG flattered, but GROG not really that interesting.

Got a bit of SHAG influence in your work.

[ Edited by: GROG 2014-03-03 23:48 ]

Gone.

Pages: 1 8 replies