Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Creepxotica at Bali Hai - a FREE Special Music Event on Monday April 7, 2014

Pages: 1 19 replies

Come out and get creepy with the San Diego Bali Hai Monthly Monday Meetup group. We are throwing a party to celebrate our first year of meetups. You know you've been wanting to come out and meet with us, now here is the one meetup you don't want to miss. We will be taking over the South Pacific room downstairs for this special event. We will have full bar and food service available for us this evening.

Doors open at 6:00pm and show starts at 7:30pm, first come first serve. A small donation for the band is all we ask.

This is an RSVP event, so post your RSVP message here below or on our Facebook event page at http://www.facebook.com/events/553386708093203/?context=create&source=49#

And if you don't know about our Meetup group check us out on ourTC page at http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45380&forum=17&172

[ Edited by: John Slinger 2014-03-20 16:54 ]

The Creepxotica show is looking to be a good turnout. Check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/553386708093203/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming to see who's all going.

If you're not a Facebook member just RSVP below.

Mahalo

Emily and I will be there (hope this counts as an RSVP :) )

This will be very fun. Thanks for setting it up John!

On 2014-03-27 20:59, lunavideogames wrote:
Emily and I will be there (hope this counts as an RSVP :) )

This will be very fun. Thanks for setting it up John!

Yes Treg,

You guys are officially RSVPed. See you there, it's going to be a great night.

John

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Mar 28, 2014 9:38 AM

Me + 2.

Seeing as this is a music-themed meetup, I'm going to bring a whole lot of vinyl Exotica/Hawaiian/Comedy records. I'll trade them for just about anything, or sell them for $1 each! Hey, 3 for $2!

Including:
4 copies of Quiet Village.
Hawaiian Interlude w/Jonnie Aluani
Blue Hawaii/Billie Vaughn
Adventures in Paradise, Vol. 3
Hilo Hattie at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
Soft Sounds from the South Seas, Vol. 4
Hilo Hawaiians, Memories of Hawaii
Hilo Hawaiians, Honeymoon in Hawaii

my favorite -

Tahiti's South Seas Spectacular from the Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel, 2 shows nightly!

and...

5 Smothers Brothers albums!
7 Stan Freberg albums!

C ya there!

[ Edited by: Cammo 2014-03-29 09:55 ]

Announcement:

Just added to the musical lineup, DJ Glen "The Mack". He will be spinning killer tunes for us as well. Could the night get any better.

See you on Monday night!

Aloha, John

Count me in for the meetup and show John!
Thanks so much for putting this together.

Chris

S

Will do my best to be there.

Looks like a couple of my friends might come with us so me +3. I am excited!

T

John, thanks for setting up a great night of music, friends and more. Fantastic turnout, looking forward to the next meet-up.

Creepxotica killed it, as usual- awesome show, and thanks to Glen for spinning great tunes!

A

That was one great party! And coming to work this morning has been no picnic.

Thanks again, John!

It was pretty epic

[ Edited by: mike-stobbe 2014-04-08 10:12 ]

Well, Elena and I were just overwhelmed by the amount of Ohana that showed up last night for what was an amazing evening. Thanks to all of you that came out on a Monday night to be amongst more than 120 of us. This turnout is proof that Tiki is alive and well in San Diego.

Mucho mahalos to Creepxotica and DJ Glen "The Mack" for throwing down some badass entertainment last night. Glenn styled us out all night and Creepxotica brought the house down.

Thanks to Tommy Baumann of the Bali Hai for taking such good care of us. We so appreciate this Polynesian Palace and congratulate you on your 60th year here in San Diego.

Aloha, John

Aloha, John

[ Edited by: Tiki Slinger 2014-04-09 07:58 ]

Now that's what I call a monthly meetup! Thanks to John and Elena for organizing such an awesome show!!!!

Wow that looks like quite the turn out, and good time.
I really wanted to come down for it as I'm normally off on Mondays.
But I had to work Monday to get Fri. Off for Mojave Oasis.

Hope you guys do more of these with bands.
Maybe Jason Lee, or even Tikiyaki 5-0 would be cool.

Jeff btd

Yowza! Thanks so much to Creepxotica and DJ Glen for the swingin' entertainment, Tommy & everyone at Bali Hai for letting us do this and taking care of us, and John for making the whole thing happen! And Cheers to all the friendly and fine-looking attendees!

What a great night.

[ Edited by: bamalamalu 2014-04-09 09:44 ]

TT

Thanks for the pix John, looks like y'all had a great time!
Wish we could've been there.
TT

MR

Great seeing everyone!! Great gathering. John has really started something special and long overdue.

I agree. It was over the top! It looked like Tiki Oasis at the Bali Hai Monday night. Everyone had a great time and it was cool to see and chat with all of the people that came from near and far to see the show.

John, thanks so much for throwing such a fun party! You are great at getting people together, keep up the good work.

S

It was a fun night.....great music,friends,drinks and food! Amazing!

Pages: 1 19 replies