Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Aku Aku Night - 22 March

Pages: 1 3 replies

An impromptu get-together is turning into a gathering for all the tiki folks throughout the Sunshine State! We are all going to try to cram into Orlando's newest tiki bar, the Aku Aku this Saturday night. Doors open at 8 and we should all plan to be there right then because from what I hear, the place is not that big. We may also be meeting for dinner beforehand. Watch this space for more details.

http://www.akuakutiki.com/

As a native Florida gal (from Tampa now in California) I have to say this place looks pretty impressive.

How are the cocktails?

Looks very cool!! I wish you the best with your new Tiki bar. :D

We had an amazing turnout! Tiki Kiliki flew down to celebrate her birthday. Benzart came up. Frank came down from Jax. The west coast was represented as well as a whole gang of us from Brevard county. The bar is very cool, some great decorations. They use good rum in their drinks, but otherwise, their cocktails need some help. Some crazy free-pouring action as the night heated up probably didn't help. The most common reaction was "It's not very good, but it's got a ton of booze in it." Since they haven't even officially opened yet, it's too early to make a definitive call. But considering everything else was really cool and we were received with such a warm welcome and people came from hours away, we definitely need to try it again soon!

My wife did not bring her real camera, so unfortunately, all the pics I have seen have been really poorly lit cell phone shots. Also something to work on for the next time!

Pages: 1 3 replies