Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Dick’s, Whittier, California

Pages: 1 6 replies

My bruddah TikiVato gave my wife CeCe a 1959 telephone directory from Whittier Ca.
Joe had told us that there is a listing that was quite interesting and intriguing.

Dusty?, Sabu?, Anyone?

Also found this listing

Gonna get down to OA asap and share the book with longtime Whittier residents Leroy and Bob.
My plan also includes going through this directory page by page.
I’ve already scoured the obvious-cocktail lounges, bars, restaurants, etc. Also going to “view” the current location via Google and see what’s at that location now.
Cheers
Btw, I’m open to any and all tips or suggestions.

I wonder if the Trader Dick's sign they have at O/A is from this restaurant?

On 2014-03-19 06:20, Bora Boris wrote:
I wonder if the Trader Dick's sign O/A is from this restaurant?

Thanks BB,I will be sure to ask the gentlemen. I’ve seen that sign and assumed it was from Reno. Hope to get over to O/A in the next few days.
Later,David

FM

Ocean View crosses Whittier Blvd just West of Colima. But the address shows the location elsewhere. Weird.

On 2014-03-19 11:40, Fez Moai wrote:
Ocean View crosses Whittier Blvd just West of Colima. But the address shows the location elsewhere. Weird.

Hey Fez,
The address on the ad is in La Habra ( Claro’s -Italian Deli and Market as far as I can tell) Maybe the # ’s have been changed over the years as municipalities annexed parcels of land. ???
Cheers
Btw, Norm’s Burgers at Ocean View has killa pastrami’s and fries.

FM

I go to Claro's once in a while for my Italian fix. There's a Shakey's a block away that I go to for lunch. I work near by the area. I gave up hamburgers and fries last year, I think pastrami is next on the list. Got to eat healthier. I think you're right about the numbers changing. I'll stop by the La Habra public library and look for info.

Richard Nixon's parents use to hang out there and he would go there with them when he paid visits.

Pages: 1 6 replies