Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

WTB: Men's vintage swimsuit 34 waist

Pages: 1 16 replies

G

I am looking for a great swimsuit from the 40's - 70's.

Ideally, I am looking for an older wool, belted set of trunks in good condition. My second choice would be a 50's/60's bark cloth cabana set. Single trunks from the 50's -60's are cool too. Overall, I am looking for something unique and in good condition. I lost out on a great pair of life guard trunks from the late '50s.

My absolute top is around $50 and I'd much prefer to spend around $35. I'm also willing to rent/borrow the right pair.

PM me if you have anything I might be interested in.

gabbahey

I might have some underwear you would be interested in?

You may want to post the size you are looking for

Also cabana sets generally sell for around $100 and up--at least the vintage Hawaiian sets all seem to.

Good luck!

EDITED :

Oh sorry didn't see the size!

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2014-03-25 16:50 ]

Looks like Liz didn't read the thread title: "WTB: Men's vintage swimsuit 34 waist"

On 2014-03-25 16:46, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Looks like Liz didn't read the thread title: "WTB: Men's vintage swimsuit 34 waist"

SOOOOOOO glad we have you around to show us the error of our ways-not

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2014-03-25 17:07 ]

On 2014-03-25 16:49, SandraDee wrote:

On 2014-03-25 16:46, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Sorry, So glad we have you around to show us the error of our ways-not

I accept your apology......

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-03-25 17:59 ]

K

God, who DOESN'T want a cabana set? Wish they still made them...:) Actually, you might have better luck finding a pattern for a cabana set, buying material, and having it sewn. Now, that I think of it..that's what I should do...:)

I believe the clothing dept is on another site or under the general thread.

ATP - Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested unless you have this pair:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200914/Elviss-soiled-underpants-fail-sell-auction--But-Bible-fetches-59-000.html

Thanks to SandraDee for the pm of relevant Etsy listings - very helpful - I've been looking on etsy but I find their search function to be frustrating. Despite looking there, I missed many of your finds.

Sewing up a good cabana set is a great idea but I need something truly old. Sometimes I get a plan in my head and I can't let it go until it is done. And my plan right now is to win the Viva Las Vegas men's swimsuit contest. It's all judged on the suit (it must be vintage; not a body building contest)and the competition for the men's contest was pretty anemic last time I was there.

Anyway, thanks again for the help SandraDee.

gabbahey

No problem!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just sold a matching terry cloth cabana set on EBay, doh! But I still have this vintage Kona Kai by Jantzen swim shorts :wink:

They say 38, but more like a 34, waist band 16" in unstretched

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2014-03-26 21:33 ]

ST

Somebody must be doing the pool party at VLV.

chrisandsarahb - That is a great suit! I am waiting to hear back from a friend on a Rayon Cabana set (in storage) before I figure out what to do. My wife picked up her 60's Jantzens at the thrift a few weeks back.

gabbahey

This one I bought on ebay a while ago so no doubt there's still gems out there. I don't have the matching jacket more's the pity. Its a Tropicana made in Honolulu and cost $24 US.

THIV

T

WOW, THIV! Those shorts are INCREDIBLE! Dang... Now I need to start looking for some!

I'm with Kaiwaza... who doesn't want a cabana set?

Oh Gabbahey, see what you started!

G

Those are amazing! Great find. I did find a suit (actually two that a friend is letting me borrow). I'll be sure to post pictures of the contest as long as they are not too embarrassing. I have noticed that aloha print swim trunks seemed to be much cheaper than a comparable shirt. I'm still checking Ebay in case I find the suit that will WIN!

As an aside, I think it is funny that I stated this thread hoping for a few discreet pm's and it ended up being quite popular. Plus an excuse to link to that Elvis' underwear auction is always a plus.

gabbahey

Pages: 1 16 replies