Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

killer estate sale this weekend - lots of tiki in cali.

Pages: 1 18 replies

this one is worth checking out to anyone in the west coast area.....

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/CA/La-Mirada/90638/606408?highlight=tiki

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2014-04-01 11:28 ]

BK

Safe to say there was no woman living in this house!

S

Thursday and Friday! Don't they know people have to work?

Mahalo Tipsy!

i only ask that whoever goes to this sale, post pics of your finds from that sale. I like to know what you folks scored out there. looks like some cool stuff, not just tiki.

So who went?

T

Jon, starts tomorrow morning.

:D

On 2014-04-01 14:19, Big Kahuna wrote:
Safe to say there was no woman living in this house!

Some of the items pictured... if there was no woman then this man would be defined as creepy.

Almost everything was over -priced inho. Except for the Hula girl lamp and the “rounder” shelf everything "tiki” was still for sale 45 minutes after the start of the sale. Gonna take another look tomorrow-see if the leftovers go for 1/2 price. I only bought the “Clay Art" Ku pitcher and my wife CeCe bought the other items in the pic. The Ku was 15 bucks and the the vintage (OMC) Bali Hai mug was closer to mrkt value at $30. Most of the other stuff was fairly common and overpriced, e.g. Leilani mug (no place name, r-91 on bottom,10 bucks.
I see em for a couple of bucks at thrifts and yard sales. Mahalo Tipsy for posting the sale. Btw, my bruddah TikiVato snagged all of the “Islander” mugs-they would only sell em as a set. The “Atomic” clocks sold quick-don’t know for how much.
Cheers

edited to add pic of swizzles I forgot to add earlier.
left, Sahara hotel, Las Vegas-at first glance I thought that it was a tiki.
center, Paradise Cove
right, Maroi head, no markings. Trader Vic’s ? Got about a dozen total

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-04-03 18:50 ]

well at least ya got some stuff. how much did the hula lamp and shelf go for ??

Kool

On 2014-04-03 14:15, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
well at least ya got some stuff. how much did the hula lamp and shelf go for ??

The shelf went for 85 dollars and ? for the lamp.
pm’ing you right now.

T

Were those STOCKTON islander mugs that TikiVato scored? That's what it looked like to me in the photos... how much was the lot?

Funny about the Sahara swizzle... it DOES look like a Moai at a quick glance... but what is it? It looks like a skyscraper? How does it relate to the Sahara?

The Paradise Cove swizzle is amazing!

(I have that metal Bender figure... cool!)

Let us know if you go back an pick up any more cool items!

On 2014-04-03 23:49, tobunga wrote:
Were those STOCKTON islander mugs that TikiVato scored? That's what it looked like to me in the photos... how much was the lot?

Funny about the Sahara swizzle... it DOES look like a Moai at a quick glance... but what is it? It looks like a skyscraper? How does it relate to the Sahara?

The Paradise Cove swizzle is amazing!

(I have that metal Bender figure... cool!)

Let us know if you go back an pick up any more cool items!

Hi Eric,
Yes, Joe got the “Islander mugs-I think there were 5 of em. I dunno what he paid for them. He and Rosemary are in Tucson tonight through Sunday. Perhaps he’ll chime in or pm you.
The Sahara swizzle image is a high rise bldg/skyscraper with a beacon on top. The “rays”of light are elongated triangles(narrow at the beacon and ever widening as they distance themselves from the top of the bldg) Pm me your address and I’ll be more than happy to send you one.
What do you know about the “Paradise Cove”? I found nuttin on google and I did a search here and I learned that a member of the TC ohana has a cool home bar called Paradise Cove.
I intend to check out the sale again tomorrow.
Later,
David

T

Went to the estate sale prior to going to Tucson. I was in the second round of people they let in.
The orbit clocks went for $50.00 each and were going out the door as I went. The hula lamp went for $160.00 and was in someones arm. The round shelf was hanging on the wall for $85.00. I called my Bro and he was not interested at that price.
My wife, Rosemarie had gathered the Islander mugs that we were interested in. We just wanted a few but they wanted $120.00 for a set of seven. Rosemarie quickly talked me into buying the lot. We picked up a couple of vintage bar-ware shakers for cheap.
As my brother, David said, most of the other items were high. They had a set of four Trader Dick's for $45.00. These can be purchased at Antique dealers in Reno for $5.00 each.

L

On 2014-04-04 07:56, TikiVato wrote:
The hula lamp went for $160.00 and was in someones arm.

I was in the next group after TikiVato, and watched the lamp walk out...I was crushed. Everything was priced retail, was not worth the gas to drive down there...

well thats the breaks- estate sales are always a crap shoot. never know how high things will be priced until you get in the door. many times i put in quite a bit of effort to be first in the door only to walk out empty handed after spending 3-4 hours of my life parked out front in my car, waiting to get in.... and other times it paid off and i walked out with armloads of shit for next to nothing.

Went back today and they still had a good portion of ‘tiki” stuff-all reduced 50%. Still too high for pretty ordinary merchandise.
On another note I did not have my camera with me on yesterdays visit. Here are some pix I took of the yard today. Also included pix of the “tiki bar” that they got 260 bucks for. Pretty cool if you only have one friend.
Cheers
Some interesting tropical flora hidden in there.

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-04-04 20:20 ]

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-04-04 20:23 ]

Pages: 1 18 replies