Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

International Tiki Day New York

Pages: 1 24 replies

NN2

I just found out my wife booked us to fly out to New York on Aug. 9th for a week of fun filled family (in-laws) visit. Anything going on to celebrate intl. tiki day? I will probably only be able to sneak out a couple of nights, but Otto's sounds great what night of the week would be the best night to go? You know those angry punk rockers like Ben scare me.

S

Hey Nui Nui,

You'll have to drag Ben and Vicky out to Otto's! You'll love that place.

Based on personal experience, I know that Inky, Manic & Tiki Chris are just looking for an excuse to party during International Tiki Week.

Just give them a reason.

Tiki, New York style (you talkin' to me?).

We'll have to arrange a conference call with the Big Apple Ohana on 8/9.

Catcha later.

MC

Welcome to the Big Apple Tiki!

Ottos' is great for Tiki music on Mondays with the Fisherman (exotica vibraphone)
and Thursdays with The Moonlighters "We play Martin Denny/Robert Drasnin-style Hawaiiania and Exotica that will thrill and still your heart (with some incredible surprises). Don't miss it! As always, there is NO COVER CHARGE!!Otto's Shrunken Head, 538 E. 14th @ Ave. B 212-228-2240"
-- The Moonlighters mailing list.

The Moonlighters play Waikiki Wally's on Tuesdays. WW is a must-see as well, despite it's negative press on TC. The members who do post regularly actually really enjoy the place. And Zombie Hut in Brooklyn as well.
You can private message me too and we can set a date!
Manic Cat

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2003-07-22 16:54 ]

Should we all get together on the 9th?
I am going to be out of town the day before through early evening Sat, but I think we need to celebrate for sure. I was thinking maybe we should protest outside of the United Nations to see if they can add us as a "TikiNation"!

Inky & Manic,

Turn up the heat on BB to get his ass out to the City!

The Ko-Huna has spoken.

P.S. Did you see the thread on the Witco Bar at Dullsville from Donhonyc?

Better check it out!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4779&forum=1&3

Aloha,

Sten

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-07-25 10:56 ]

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.