Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

How do YOU hide cords on your ceiling?

Pages: 1 4 replies

M

How do YOU hide lamp cords on your ceiling?

[ Edited by: Mashuka 2014-04-19 00:07 ]

I've got a layer of burlap & then the layer of fishnet with all of the flotsam & jetsom. I paint the cords with brown, automotive, vinyl paint & snake them under the burlap. When building my room, I put outlets around the perimeter of the ceiling, operated by 2 wall switches.

I had wondered about that--I am in the infancy stages of designing my bar, and was trying to figure out the wiring/outlets. I see in these home bars how they keeping adding hanging lamps and wondered how they got all that to work without a dozen extension cords lol. I guess estimate how many you'd need, then double or triple it? :)

S

I painted my ceiling black!

Another thing I have done, even though I have a 4-gang outlet in the ceiling that is on a switch, I still have to run stuff all over and many more than 4 lights. So I got some black power strips that allow me to extend the power over to the edges and plug several things in there. You can also daisy chain power strips to get even more outlets where you need them.

If you go with bamboo rafters you have an easy place to hide a cord. This is an advantage of split bamboo over whole round.

I use an idea I saw in the "South Pacific Room." I hang artificial Ivy vines along the wires to hide them.

It works best if you use a brown lamp chord.

Pages: 1 4 replies