Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

18" Tall Tiki Bob Mug, Tiki Bob Scorpion Bowl, 18" Tall Mid-Century Moai

Pages: 1 6 replies

Up for sale is a 1/1 Tiki Bob that I sculpted out of stoneware for the Tonga Hut's, Tiki Bob Art Show, this past March. It stands 18" inches tall and holds over 70 ounces of your favorite concoction.

There's a couple of glaze skips, so please see the pictures.

$225 + shipping - Please contact me for Paypal information

*** All three pieces listed on this post are high fired at 2350 degrees and have lead-free & food-safe glazes. In addition to handbuilding all three pieces, I also made the turquoise glaze which is a cobalt/chromium mixture.

This Tiki Bob scorpion bowl is made from four separate pieces that I threw on the potters wheel, combined, and carved. $225 + shipping

THank you very much for stopping by.
If you're interested in shopping for other items I might have for sale, the best way to follow me on Instagram at Jungle Modern Ceramics. I rarely get myself out of the studio to list items on-line, so please have a look if you're on there.

http://instagram.com/junglemodernceramics#

[ Edited by: TikiRootsRocka 2014-04-21 21:47 ]

1/1 18" inch tall Moai. Holds 70+ ounces.

http://instagram.com/junglemodernceramics#

T

The Bobs - they're taking over! :wink:

And I love your stylized moai mug as well!

I am with TikiHula...I LOVE that moai!

Would love to see smaller versions of that moai if you have made any? If not you should!

I am a HUGE Tiki Bob lover but its nice to see a new take on a classic moai

Great work!

Thanks Tiki Hula and Sandra!

It was a lot of fun to do the Bob's for the Tonga Hut show. I can see myself doing more in the future.

The Moai is part of a series of bigger Moai that I made in the 18-20" range.

I made the turquoise glaze in my glaze calculation class and it's a cobalt/chromium mixture on a matte base (for anybody interested). It's the same glaze that I used on the Bob's, it's just on a different clay body.

I will make more Moai like this one, but I need to make more of the glaze.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you both soon!

We love our Giant Moai Mug! Our only complaint is that it only holds one Mai Tai (recipe below)

Big Moai Mai Tai:

Juice of three limes
Juice of one lemon
3 oz Creole Shrub
3 oz Orgeat
1 cup Appleton V/X
1 cup Rhum JM VSOP

Shake with 3 pounds crushed ice and pour.

Thank Steve! Awesome pics! It's looking like I'm gonna make it to Caliente for Thur andFriday, so iI'll see you guys there. Take care and I'll see ya then!

Pages: 1 6 replies