Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Kahiki Restaurant “Quiet Tiki Village” sign

Pages: 1 7 replies

This is the original Kahiki Restaurant “Quiet Tiki Village” sign that hung at the entrance to the Village Dining Room behind the front desk wall (as indicated on the label when it was taken down).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191160065864?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

T

Can you show a photo of the label that was on this when it was taken down.
Looks A LOT like one made for the Tropical Bistro in 2000.
The signs from the Kahiki had a ribbed dowel rod that was painted gold.
Like this....

And this....

Here is the label. As you know, all other Kahiki artifacts sold when the outlet store closed were marked with these labels (identical penmanship and marker). The other signs did use tubing for the lettering (beachcomber shop, phone, outrigger bar, etc.). Not sure if Tropical Bistro had a sign made, but this one was labeled, verified, and purchased with other items during the outlet sale...not the Bistro. thanks

T

Here is a thread that has another sign from the Kahiki that says Quiet Village.
See that's what I thought it should look like.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4926&forum=2&start=45&60

The quiet village sign in that thread obviously matches the style of the other Kahiki ones. What I can tell you about the sign in my auction is it was piled up against all the other artifacts in the factory outlet through the double doors leading into the warehouse. It was labeled like all the other artifacts indicating where it was located, verified by management at the time, and sold with a receipt (which is what I try to include with all my Kahiki auctions). This was fall 2005. Hope this helps.

T

Like this....
I think I was the first person to that sale.

Exactly, to the right of that photo would've been the shields, war clubs, masks, and paintings... Along with the pallet of Witco and other items given to the Zoo.

Agreed... You were among the first few collectors given access.

T

Thanks for getting back to us.
I wish I had photos to help you out but I did not take as many as I should have.
Good luck.
Let me know if you get anything from the lunchroom at the eggroll factory.

Pages: 1 7 replies