Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

wanted. a guide for tiki political correctness

Pages: 1 32 replies

Humor will now get you "locked up", so I owe it to my fellow party members to try to conform to this new wave of thought control.But I need help,your help.Any good reading material to recommend?.I don't want poor hanford to get more nasty emails due to the use of humor. Is there a good bookstore in "the city"?.:roll:

[ Edited by: twowheelin'tiki on 2003-07-22 21:11 ]

Hey TwoWheelin, sorry about all this. I didn't mean to stir things up. I'm really sorry that I got you all riled up by locking your post. Seriously, I didn't know you were going to have such a fit about it. I mean, people get their topics locked all the time around here and they learn, live, and move on. If I knew you were so sensitive about it I would have thought twice. Really, I thought you had a harder exeterior, what with all the ribbing you give out, that you could handle a little moderation here and there without the waterworks comin on.

But I didn't realize that if someone leans a little bit on you that you get all bent out of shape. So again, I hope in the future that I don't do this again becuase no one wants to be blamed for hurting someone's feelings. I really sorry man. Next time you're in town I'll take you out for an ice cream, hows that sound?

We all good? Good.

:D :D :D :D :D

All in good fun TwoWheelin, but you know, sometimes even I can't resist the urges of a troll :wink:

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-07-22 23:59 ]

waterworks?, you mistook the sound of me laying down my weapons and lighting a candle to welcome the new age of having your thoughts censored for "proper content".I am glad you are there to save me from myself.I will try my best to conform and show no sign of jest.You don't live in collage town in norcal with a name starting with a "B" do you?. ALL IN FUN. peace

Censorship? I think you're mistaken. I've only censored one post across the entire history of Tiki Central (not including spam).

I've never deleted any of your posts so no one could read them. I've never disabled your account so you can't post. I've never removed anything you've said or asked you to remove it yourself. I've never "sunk" any of your posts off of the front page so they get burried. And most importantly I have never stopped you from going away to another website and posting your thoughts there (in fact at times I encourage it!)

I have asked people not to speak on topics of war, and I've asked people to stop calling each other names, and I've asked people to go easy on newbies who post auctions.

I've asked you to stop posting about turtles.

Again, I'm sorry if this gets under your skin. I really am. A troll is a troll, and you were clearly trolling in that topic. Putting "kidding" in your post doesn't nullify that fact.

And for the record: I have no problem with censorship. It happens on every single TV network, radio station, major magazine and newspaper. And I'm not afraid of doing so here.

Perhaps you're confusing private censorship with government censorship.

I will try my best to conform and show no sign of jest.

That's the best news I've read all day! Thanks for understanding.

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-07-23 01:00 ]

T

Come on 2 wheels, both you and Kokomo were trolling and you know it!

Please do not tease, feed, or annoy the turtle lovers!

I was not trolling, I was serious, except the part about chewing the shell. Loggerheads are legal meat around here. Their shells do look nice when they are clear coated. I have friends who actually dive in rivers and lakes and pull these babies out. Peta might have a problem with it, you might have a problem with it, but we don't. It all depends on what part of the world you live in. I think eating cats and dogs and horses is terible, but the chinese seem to love it. (No offense to anyone.) It's just different parts of the world. For anyone who has not taken part in eating some turtle soup, they just don't know what they are missing.

Yo tikifish, I was not trolling...till after I read kokomos comments(got me going), so sorry.As far as that "thing that is not censorship" that decides what you can or can't say....oh well.Time to move the brain setting to the far left when signing on."When in Rome,do as Romans". Free speech is dead....for some, but not all.peace The new TWT

On 2003-07-23 13:30, twowheelin'tiki wrote:
Yo tikifish, I was not trolling...till after I read kokomos comments(got me going), so sorry.

Then WHY are you so bothered that I locked the post?!?!!?! You just admitted you were TROLLING!!!! Sheesh. You do realize is that all I'm trying to do here is keep the peace so we can keep talking about things Tiki and not have topic after topic fall into arguments and off-topic ramblings, right? Why do you blame me for that?

The truth comes out. You hid behind your "humor is being censored" statement in order to disguise the fact you were trying to stir shit up. You tried to play yourself as the victim by claiming 1984 when clearly that's not the case: "Guidelines" is not censoring, go look up the defintion. Then, when you finally admitted you were trolling in the first place, you tried to get in the last word and a little more trolling with a "free speech is dead" comment when clearly it's not.

You’re disengnous in 90% of what you say, so I have no confidence that your last post here is the end of it. I'm sick of this.

I’ve locked your account for 7 days. During that time I ask you to chill out and take a break, and try to look at it from my side of things. Think about the shit you admitted you tried to stir up here, and realize that it’s not productive. You may find it fun or funny, but I don’t, and a lot of other members don’t. It's a pain in my ass to have to deal with it.

Man, I don’t know why you’re going so far out of your way to be a problem.

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-07-23 13:59 ]

Hanford,

Thanks for putting up with so much BS for the sake of keeping the board going. Always know that you are appreciated!

On 2003-07-23 10:49, KokomoTikiBar&Grill wrote:
I think eating cats and dogs and horses is terible, but the chinese seem to love it. (No offense to anyone

KKoKomoTikiBar&Grill,

I imagine knowledge is not your forte down in the swamps, but to make a statement like "the chinese (with no captital C) seem to love it." demonstrates your lack of any education above a GED.

My wife is of Chinese ancestry, and I don't recall her ever requesting it. For your edification, the ancient Hawaiians favored dog when it was available for special occasions. But what would actual Polynesian history matter to you.

L

But did the ancient Hawaiians eat turtles?

E

I read somewhere that turtle was kapu for women but not men, though I haven't got a clue what that has to do with this thread...

emspace.

E

Sorry limptiki, sorry sorry. You're probably just trying to defuse the situation, get us to think about something else, which is kind of you.

aloha,
emspace.

Hanford,

It is truly refreshing to witness your good hearted attempts to keep TC a fun and pleasurable experience for everyone. Sorry you have to deal with shit, but know you have a mighty powerful shovel. If we ever meet I would like to buy you an ice cream, drenched of course in rum and pineapple juice!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.