Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Bingo at the Mai Kai

Pages: 1 27 replies

Please join us on Thursday, May 22, for a fun night at the Mai Kai

Mai Kai Happy Hour Specials until 8:00 pm.

Bingo Cards $1 each, play until you win.

Proceeds from Bingo Card sales will benefit the Broward Humane Society and Gumbo Limbo Nature Center.

[ Edited by: chip and andy 2014-05-27 08:05 ]

I don't remember seeing this before. Is this a new event or have I just been missing out?

On 2014-05-12 22:11, Doc Aikane wrote:
I don't remember seeing this before. Is this a new event or have I just been missing out?

New event, this will be the first one.

If there is interest we are going to do it monthly. If there is lots of interest we will do it twice a month or more.

It will be fun! Bring your friends!

I can't make it to this one (working) but I'll try to spread the word. Hope to see you at the next one!

For those of you joining us, we will be taking over Samoa.

The room, not the island.

That is the room in back where the shrunken heads live.

When you arrive let them know you are here for the Tiki Bingo and they will point you in the right direction.

Is there anything in particular that makes it "tiki"?

On 2014-05-20 11:38, TikiTacky wrote:

Other than being at the Mai Kai?

No, nothing yet.

The event is still under development and if we can generate enough interest to make it a regular thing we will add more to the evening. More fun, more tiki, more friends, more fun.

Did I mention the shrunken heads will be watching over us while we play?

On 2014-05-20 11:38, TikiTacky wrote:

How can you get more tiki than the Mai Kai? It will be lots of fun and I will be there.

Thank you everyone, that was fun! We played some bingo, had some drinks, and raised $115 for our charity! Fun with a purpose!

We're going to do it again next month, dates to be posted soon!

Lets do it again!

Thursday, June 19th, 6:00 to 8:00 pm.

We'll have more bingo cards this time!

[ Edited by: TikiRenee 2014-06-17 10:01 ]

Last time we raised $115 dollars, donated directly to the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center. Thank you to everyone who helped make that happen.

This time the proceeds from the evening will be sent to the Broward Humane Society. If you can't join us Thursday but would still like to help out, here is a link to their 'wish list' of items needed to run a shelter:

https://humanebroward.com/donate/wishlist/

Looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday.

And! Do please tell the staff at the Mai Kai thank you for running an extra hour of Happy Hour while we play!

OK.... For tonight:

We have some extra Bingo Cards so no running out this time.

We have some prizes for our winners thank to the generosity of several people, thank you for that you fine generous people.

And the weather isn't as bad as last month so traffic shouldn't be an issue so we don't have to worry about our Bingo Caller being late.

The Mai Kai has plenty of ice, and I think they have enough rum for us.

All in all it looks like it is going to be a fun night!

We'll see you tonight! When you arrive, tell them you're here for the Tiki Bingo and they'll get you to the right place.

Thank you everyone, that was fun!

We raised $145 for the Broward Humane Society so it was fun with a purpose!

And thank you again to the fine generous folks who offered up stuff for the prizes.

The Mai Kai also had fun, at least enough that Ashley and Angel didn't run screaming from our little group, They said we can do it again so mark your calendars...
Thursday, July 17.

See you there!

So the July game raised $126 for the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, thank you to everyone who made it out.

Sorry, don't have a fancy graphic yet but wanted to let everyone know we are on again for Thursday, August 14. The Mai Kai is going to extend happy hour for us until 8 pm and the bingo cage will start spinning at 6.

Another fun night of Tiki Bingo benefitting the Broward Humane Society. Come have fun, have a pupu platter, win some prizes and make some money for the puppies and kitties. 100% of donations go to the Humane Society. See you next Thursday!

Extend your holiday fun and relaxation through Thursday with Tiki Bingo! Have an intoxicating cocktail half price and delicious appetizer at the Mai Kai and help raise money for The Gumbo Limbo Nature Center in Boca Raton. In August the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center has released Loggerhead, Leatherback and Green sea turtle hatchlings into the ocean. 100% of donations go to GLNC for September Bingo. Cheers and hope to see you there.

It's that time again.... well almost...

October 2

Bingo, Happy Hour, Friends and Fun!

$1 a card Bingo with the proceeds benefiting the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center.

But wait.... there's more!

We have something very special for this edition of Tiki Bingo.... Hockey!

Thanks to a couple of very generous guests we have two tickets to the Panthers Vs Senators game on Monday, October 13th as our Grand Prize for the evening. We'll be playing one special round of Bingo for these tickets, winner takes all! **

Did we mention Happy Hour Pricing until 8?

** In the unlikely event of a tie we will leave it to the winners to choose between thumb-wrestling or coin-toss to break the tie. We could accept bribes to influence the outcome, but as a charity fund-raiser it becomes more a generous donation and less an actual bribe. Not saying we won't accept bribes, just saying they aren't likely to affect the final outcome of the game.

Thank you everyone! $105 raised for the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center and one very excited winner of the hockey tickets.

Join us for a fun night of cocktails, pupu platters and Bingo at the Mai Kai Restaurant! 100% of donations go to the Gumbo Limbo Nature center for sea turtle rehabilitation and preservation.

Any chance you'll be hosting bingo on April 16? We'll be in town that Thursday.

Dagnabbit! Our April Tiki Bingo will be on the 9th. Sorry to miss you Mikehooker.

C&A, schedule the Bingo twice that month, Mike's a big spender! :) :drink:

On 2015-03-11 08:12, AceExplorer wrote:
C&A, schedule the Bingo twice that month, Mike's a big spender! :) :drink:

Ha! We'll see. This damn wedding and honeymoon are costing a fortune. Who knew?! We'll be in Laudy-Da that Tues-Sunday so we'll see how many Mai Kai visits we can cram in that time. Bingo or not, we'll make the most of it.

I hope you can join us and help raise some money for the sea turtles.

Thursday, June 18at 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Join us for Tiki Bingo in the Samoa Room at the World Famous Mai-Kai for a night featuring an extended Happy Hour from 6 to 8 including half price Cocktails and appetizers! Tiki, Polynesian or Vintage wear is not required but most definitely encouraged!
First-come-first-serve FREE event! However, donations are always accepted, the night’s charity will be The Humane Society of Broward County!

https://www.facebook.com/events/831658810257795/

Hope to See you there!

Thank you everyone who comes out for Tiki Bingo, Rum Barrels and Pupu platters. Each month we are able to donate to one of our charities due to your generosity. The Gumbo Limbo Nature Center donation helps with Sea Turtle rehabilitation and research.

Join us again for more Tiki Bingo at the Mai Kai on August 13th to benefit the Broward Humane Society.

Pages: 1 27 replies