Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

"I'm coming back." If anybody is actually interested.

Pages: 1 22 replies

S

On June the 7th i fly out of here back to the U.S. to attend the 2014 Hukilau. I have 4 weeks this time with the final week spent in L.A.

I have a hotel booked for Friday the 27th in Palm Springs so obviously i will be going to the new Tonga Hut while i'm there so if anybody is free that night and would like to meet for a drink, that's the night. Although we might extend our stay there to include the Saturday night depending on how things go.

Therefore my partner and i will be arriving in L.A. on either Saturday the 28th of June or Sunday the 29th. I hope to spend most of the following week (i fly out late on Friday 4th of July) hanging out with TikiVato and nui'umi'umi and hitting the Tonga Hut, Don the Beachcombers, Trader Sams, Ventiki and the Tiki Ti. We might even try to squeeze in the Purple Orchid and Tiki No if we have time.

At the moment the only places we have kind of confirmed dates for is Tiki Ti on Wednesday night and Trader Sams most likely on Thursday, although none of this is set in stone yet.

If anybody is interested in having a drink with an aussie tikiphile please come along and say G'day. I'll update this thread with where i'll be on what day as soon as i know as i plan to do other things while i'm there and as we all know, things don't always go to plan and schedules can change.

Hopefully i'll see some of you in June. Or maybe none of you. :D

Cheers
swizzle

Sounds like fun! I hope you have a good trip.

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 13, 2014 9:13 AM

Looking forward to seeing you, Swizzers.

By the way, it's DON THE BEACHCOMBER----no "S" at the end.-------The Spelling Police :)

---The History Police :wink:

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2014-05-13 11:18 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 13, 2014 12:15 PM

If he was going there, then it would be correct with the apostrophe and S, but he is going to Don the Beachcomber in Seal Beach. Although, he could call it Don's if he's hellbent on adding an S.

T

The Mug Police

EJ

See you soon my friend.

No San Diego? When are you going to make it to Bali Hai???

S

Thanks Tiki Tacky.

I look forward to seeing you too GROG. Will you have a mug ready for me?
And i'm a bit of a spelling nazi myself but i'm not 100% sure on the 'S'. As i'm visiting the restaurant that belongs to Don, isn't the added S correct? I'm not actually visiting Don himself.
"I'm going to see Don the Beachcomber"."I'm going to see Don the Beachcombers restaurant". ???

El Jefe, not long now buddy. I'm looking forward to it.

lunavideogames, my partner mentioned possibly going down there for a day and we do have a car so it is a possibility. I'll run it by her again and we'll see what happens. We're on quite a tight schedule so it will most likely be a last minute decision as to what day we'd go, if we do.
I'll PM you as early as i can if we do decide to go down there and you'd like to meet up for a drink.

FM

Hey, I'll be happy to meet you at one of your stops.

S

On 2014-05-21 17:57, Fez Moai wrote:
Hey, I'll be happy to meet you at one of your stops.

No problem Fez. I'll update here when i know where i'll be and send you a PM also.

What....no Vegas

S

On 2014-06-07 21:30, hang10tiki wrote:
What....no Vegas

Not this time hang10tiki. Unfortunately time and money will not allow it.

So i arrived in L.A. on Saturday morning, hung around the airport for a few hours and then caught a connecting flight to Tucson where i've been until tomorrow morning when we flight out to Florida for the Hukilau.

Went to the Kon Tiki on Saturday night and got quite drunk which i hadn't planned on and had dinner there again last night after we arrived back from seeing Tombstone and the copper mining town Bisbee, where besides a few bars and a few stores, the only shops open were a couple of antique stores where i happened to pick up all these. Pretty stoked after only being here for three days.

H

Keep us posted and let us know when you are planning on going to Tonga Hut.

S

Will do hiltiki. I'm pretty sure it will most likely be Monday the 30th June, or on Tuesday the 1st July at this stage although that might change. I'll let you know when i'm more sure of the date.

S

At the moment my plans are to have lunch at the Bali Hai on Monday at around 1:00 and we'll be heading up to Don The Beachcomber from there hopefully arriving about 6-6:30 if anyone is interested in joining us at either of those places.

Tonga Hut we're not 100% sure about at the moment but we might make it there Sunday night. We have a big day planned so i don't know if we can fit it in at this stage.

Tiki Ti is still most likely on Wednesday and Trader Sams on Thurs

Hey Cabron, See you manana.

I would of liked to have said hello, Robbie, but someone ran me down with their car.....
enjoy Don's.

S

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow Cabron.

On 2014-06-29 14:50, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I would of liked to have said hello, Robbie, but someone ran me down with their car.....
enjoy Don's.

I know who, and if you happened to jump out of the way in time and are still on your feet i'll be there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: and a :drink:

You, Sir, know how to live. That sounds like an absolute blast.

Here are a couple of pix that I trook this evening at our friend Ron’s place.
lft to rht, Ron,Swizzle,and Luara.

Swiz, TikiVato.

Swiz and Laura

Ron, CeCe,Swiz, me, Laura, TikiVato.and Rosemary

So nice to see you again Robbie! Lovely to meet you Laura. Beutiful yard Ron, mahalo!

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-07-01 23:37 ]

Swiz - you have met more TCers than I have and you don't even live in the US! I need to get to California....

Pages: 1 22 replies