Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Basic Booze

Pages: 1 5 replies

M

Hi, I have a plant stand that I am converting into a small bar. I don't drink so I have no idea what booze to have on hand for guests. What 5 basics should I have? The plant stand isn't very big, it's from the late 50's early 60's and is octagon shape. Not at home to upload picture. It was green but I painted it sunshine yellow. Circumference is about 30" I believe. The line of the shape, or rather the items on the stand seem to be out of proportion and I need to move things around. I will probably need to take out a couple mugs too. Just started working on it. So suggestions would help.

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/l/t1.0-9/10314764_901883779841050_4775516224198063069_n.jpg

I'd Rather Have a Bottle in Front of Me, Than a Frontal Lobotomy
MYMO

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2014-05-15 17:47 ]

Usually you want a whiskey, vodka, gin, brandy, and then either a rum or tequila. It heavily depends on what your guests drink normally. If you're not going to be keeping any mixers on hand (mixers, liqueurs, etc.) then you might just want to stick to things you would typically drink straight to begin with.

M

Thanks Wizzard! All info is appreciated.

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2014-05-15 17:49 ]

S

This post may help. I broke the Tiki bar down to the essentials for travel. Should work the same for a small bar.

M

Thanks Swanky!

Didn't the Bum write somewhere that plain old Appleton Gold is fine for most non connoisseurs?

Pages: 1 5 replies