Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki shirt - definition

Pages: 1 9 replies

Yesterday my three year old granddaughter was explaining to a visitor the difference between a Tiki shirt and a Hawaiian shirt. I did not prompt her. She explained that a Tiki shirt has a Tiki on it. If it doesn’t have a Tiki on it then it isn’t a Tiki shirt. A Hawaiian shirt can have a Tiki on it but if it doesn’t it’s just a Hawaiian shirt. She can also tell, for the most part, when a carving is from the South Pacific, real Tiki, and when the carving is Central American; Mayan, Aztec for example.

Your granddaughter is awesome. And I love that she's holding a Leilani mug. Way to represent!

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2014-05-20 18:10 ]

Very smart girl! Thanks for sharing.

That's awesome, I can't even do that. BTW, what's the game you're playing? Looks homemade

Future TC member

On 2014-05-20 18:32, hang10tiki wrote:
Future TC member

She can drink with us anytime!
well as long as it's a virgin cocktail (we are not monsters!)

P

SHE is adorable. :)

H

LOVE IT!

It is a homemade game. It is wooden board game. The board folds up. I call it "Moai Madness" but my grandkids call it "The Tiki Game". You have to dress to play the game, Tiki shirts required, and you have to pick out your mug. It is a 'drinking' game, we use fruit juices.

My seven year old grandson playing the game.

Thanks khan_tiki_mon for posting the game photos. I bet your grand kids have a blast playing that with you. My Dad also made a board game that I played growing up. I have great memories playing that.

Pages: 1 9 replies