Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

So a fish walks out of a bar....never to be heard from again.

Pages: 1 2 3 98 replies

S

That's all i've got.

[ Edited by: swizzle 2014-06-03 15:09 ]

What is "Evolution"?

S

On 2014-05-23 02:29, aloha.taboo wrote:
What is "Evolution"?

I like it.

G
GROG posted on Fri, May 23, 2014 9:50 AM

The sign outside the bar said they serve fish, but when he went in, he discovered it's a Sushi Bar.

that fish joke was too soon

H

Let's try this again and keep it on track this time.

so a tiki walks into a bar. the bartender says , "why the long face?" O.k. I'll go now

...and stumbles onto a soccer field.

S

So does anyone have any news about Rufus?

Perhaps this isn't the right place for it… but the other thread is really too long for a newbie to slog through.

Who was rufus?! And what happened?! I'm intrigued…

Shhhhh! You'll get this thread to explode and get closed too.

"You can't eat real Polynesian food. It's the most horrible junk I've ever tasted." —Trader Vic Bergeron

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2014-06-19 15:40 ]

S

Is that a confirmation post TikiTacky?

I'll eat a Leilani mug if Rufus turns up.

there's no such thing as a "pacu." if there were, i would have caught one by now on Animal Crossing...

So like when does the refund of the money raised for this start?
You know this fish is dead or not moving.

Skip, Hidden LA posted yesterday that all the funds raised will now be returned to
all the donors, as they have given up hope by now that Rufus will need them.

Since the fund is not setup to return donations, they plan to do it through Paypal
but it may take some time, they said, they will be contacting the donors soon.

T

That's good to hear.
I did not give lots, but some did.

On 2014-06-19 20:01, thePorpoise wrote:
there's no such thing as a "pacu." if there were, i would have caught one by now on Animal Crossing...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/130813-pacu-piranha-testicle-biting-fish-invasive-species/

Martian-tiki, that's one of the more informative and useful articles on pacus I've seen here. Thanks for posting.

"In the wild, they eat nuts falling down into the water."

well, i'm glad there aren't any on Animal Crossing then. the tarantulas are menacing enough.

S

They also eat a particular fruit, i think it's figs, and cannot digest the seeds so when they pass them they are actually helping the plant propagate by dispersing it's seeds along the river.

U

that newspaper black and white gave me a flashback to this news
http://books.google.com/books?output=html_text&id=yPIDAAAAMBAJ&jtp=14

I think I found Rufus on an Island at Disneyland.

S

Well i'm sure we can all agree that Rufus is no longer with us, and despite everyone's best intentions we will never know EXACTLY what happened to him, but i'm curious to know if all the people who donated money to his cause ever had their money refunded.

Skip asked this awhile back too, I sent out a couple of emails asking the same question
to the folks behind the Rufus fundraiser, Yet still have received no replies.

Has anyone else who contributed heard back or received a refund?
the last I heard was it might take some time to get a refund option in place.

I put in $50, but it was Rufus'ed (never to be heard from again).

No refund.

On 2015-01-29 19:55, lunavideogames wrote:
I put in $50, but it was Rufus'ed (never to be heard from again).

No refund.

OK, now I will follow up with this issue, get back to you all when I have an answer.

T

I did get a response on 1/3/15 from Lynn from HiddenLA but never did get back to her as my donation was only
$20.00 dollars.
I did not get my donation back.

Part of email...
"set it up for all donations to be automatically returned a long time ago"
So maybe some did get their donations back who knows.

The thing is if I was one of the people that ran this fund raiser I for one would want to
clear this up and be done with it.
Letting it go on is not good.
They do get props for trying to help and spending time to get something done, too bad
it did not work.

This whole hush, hush, don't talk about the Rufus affair attitude is stupid.

There are so many unanswered questions...
Did the restaurant that was to go in where the Bahooka was ever open?
Where's the fish?
How many other fish died?

What a mess.

F

So, nobody who was dialoging with the new owners last year is in touch with them now? Or, are they ignoring phone calls/emails about Rufus?

On 2015-01-30 17:26, finky099 wrote:
So, nobody who was dialoging with the new owners last year is in touch with them now? Or, are they ignoring phone calls/emails about Rufus?

Ask Fez Moai, He has said the owner is a friend and acted as his spokesman, But good luck getting any answers from him.

T

Somebody here must drive by the place every now and then.
It is either open or not, don't need to talk to the owner to
find that out.

If it's not open that guy sure is di#$%ing around.

On 2015-01-30 17:58, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Ask Fez Moai, He has said the owner is a friend and acted as his spokesman, But good luck getting any answers from him.

I thought I heard from someone who knows Doug Horne and Thor that Fez Moai is not just a friend and spokesman of the new owner, but he is actually the restaurant owner himself, but in disguise!

And: Did Fez Moai ever introduce himself on the "Introductions" thread? If he didn't, then I think we all know who has Rufus now and why there have been until now: NO answers!

Buzzy Out!

Best post ever.

I never heard from the folks who did the fund raiser and never got the money back.

I think we gave $50.00.

FM

Ni hao. Curse you Buzzy for exposing my scam! Xie xie!

I contacted The Hidden Los Angeles Rufus fund people
with all your questions & now awaiting a reply
will let you all know when I do get one.

On 2015-02-02 13:41, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I contacted The Hidden Los Angeles Rufus fund people
with all your questions & now awaiting a reply
will let you all know when I do get one.

So since you are the spokesman for your friends at The Hidden Los Angeles Rufus fund, I have to ask: What happened to the money?

Buzzy Out!

I don't personally know Lynn at Hidden L.A., Buzzy
so I am having to contact her thru email at this time, it is my understanding that Otto is good friends with her
the last I heard the money went into an account to sit for 6 months, just in case it was needed.
That was last May I believe, then the donors were to be contacted about what they would like done with the funds
including the offer of being refunded.

As far as I know the contacting of the donors was not confirmed, this should of happened sometime around last summer
from what I am hearing from folks who donated, they have not heard anything else beyond that.

I don't think anything shady is going on, but I do intend to get some answers for everyone (especially those who donated)
in my usually tenacious way :D

T

"but I do intend to get some answers for everyone"

I know everyone is thinking this so here goes, why do you need to get answers for everyone?
Lynn and Kari need to come online to the same place they asked for funds and
answer the many questions that are left from this snafu.

"I don't think anything shady is going on"
Well I don't think people think that but the longer it goes without addressing the issue
makes it, well not better.

Thanks for checking into it ATP. I never received an email from them about my donation. It is possible that they refunded the money and I didn't see the refund, but I am pretty sure that is not the case. That is my experience. I can't vouch for anyone else.

Skip, Because I am curious too & would like to know myself
also I don't want to see anymore added negativity to what
is already a major clusterfuck of humanity at it's worst

For me the whole Rufus debacle, has damaged what used to be good memories of the Bahooka
I no longer think of it fondly.

Let me be clear though, I had nothing to do with the Hidden L.A. fundrasier
and do not know Lynn or the others behind it, so my contacting them is as an interested outsider

Hope I can get some answers for you though, but I do suggest that anyone, who donated money
also contact them.

Well I have not heard from the Hidden L.A. fund people yet
so I was able to get Lynn's personal email & contacted her again, hope I have some answers for you guys soon.

Just heard from Lynn today

If you donated to the Rufus fund & wanted a refund, but did not get an email request
or did not reply to the original message sent out, here is what you do:

From Lynn,

" If someone didn’t get a refund, all I need to know is the following so I can look up the transaction:

1. Whether they paid via PayPal or WePay
  2. The name they used
  3. The email they used
  4. How much they donated (and the date wouldn’t hurt)

It takes me a little time to do but I would be happy to look up the transaction as soon as possible for them.
The majority of it appears to have been refunded but obviously I want to fix it if someone slipped through the cracks."

Send your info to Lynn at [email protected]

Please be respectful as Lynn is feeling just as letdown over this as the rest of us who got involved
and made some tremendous efforts to help Rufus find a new home.

Any ideas who we should focus our anger on now?

Buzzy Out!

Yes....

Pages: 1 2 3 98 replies