Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

GENE RAINS: Far Away Lands—The Exotic Music of Gene Rains. CD

Pages: 1 21 replies

FINALLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!!
A Gene Rains Best Of on CD!!!
http://www.realgonemusic.com/news/2014/6/20/gene-rains.html

These should be available at Tiki Oasis!

Along with Martin Denny & Arthur Lyman, Gene Rains Is One of the Big Three of Exotica Conductor/Composers

Nevertheless, None of Rains’ Albums Have Come Out on CD, and His Work Has Never Been Anthologized

"Far Away Lands—The Exotic Music of Gene Rains" Includes 15 Tracks Taken from All Three of His Classic Decca Albums

Liner Notes by Randy Poe

Art and Sound Assistance by Mark Riddle a.k.a. DigiTiki, the Man Behind the Popular Podcast “The Quiet Village”

Striking Front Cover Art Features MeduSirena the Fire-Eating Mermaid

Layout by Tonga Tom

Additional photography by Kari Hendler

Sweet!!
thanks for the heads up.

Jeff(btd)

H

Looking forward to this.

Wonderful news!!!

No digital samples? :(

I want the vinyl and the CD.

K

This is good news. Gene Rains was completely on a par with Martin Denny & Arthur Lyman and has been relatively unknown to the digital set.

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Jul 1, 2014 1:40 PM

I was listening to Gene Rains Lotus Land (vinyl)last night and now this CD? Super deal. I'd buy it for the cover photo alone! I'll pick this up when I find it.

If you are unfamiliar with Gene Rains (as I was)Here is Gene Rains "Danse Arabe

Placed my order last night. I'm glad Gene Rains is finally getting a CD release. As mentioned on The Quiet Village podcast: if you like it, buy it so labels know we want more re-releases of older exotica.

Kevin

For those of you going to this ...
Tonga Hut PNG themed art show & parking lot sale! Tikiyaki 5-0! Tiki Pop book signing Sat. July 26!
CD should be available there.

Cool! Thanks for the heads up Tom.

TT

It's official, the first ever Gene Rains CD will be available at Tonga Hut this Saturday (7/26/2014)! Be the first to get your hands on a copy. 19 tracks available digitally for the first time!

Just got my two (2) copies of "Far Away Lands" from Amazon! What a beautifully produced package of long overdue tiki music on CD! Thanks to everyone at Tiki Central who had a hand in getting this music released as a physical, digital product. You guys rock!

Ever since DigiTiki touted the wonders of Gene Rains on his Quiet Village podcast, I've wanted to own a piece of this wonderful slice of overlooked exotica. Now it's finally mine, and I'm going to spend the rest of the summer (and the years ahead) feasting on these 19 morsels!

Bravo!

[ Edited by: DejaVoodoo 2014-07-28 18:23 ]

H

Finally got hold of this CD Yesterday, I have to agree with Dejavoodoo, it's beautifully packaged and it is a pleasure to listen too.

EJ

Who will be selling these at Oasis and where? Thanks.

TT

They will be available at Eric October's booth starting Friday and throughout the weekend.

This CD is spectacular (and so is the cover). Congrats to all involved. My wife loved it at first listen, which is high praise indeed...she's not a big exotica fan.

Thanks from me also to everyone who made this happen. I was able to buy a copy at Oasis and listened to it twice through today. Glad to have it!

Thanks to everyone who picked up a copy from Eric October at Tiki Oasis!
I'm so proud to be part of this project along with everyone else who is involved.
If you need a copy, you can get it through Amazon or directly from the Real Gone Music website.
Also, I dropped some off at Oceanic Arts on Saturday in case anyone is in the neighborhood.
I'll also have some with me on Sundays at Tonga Hut until my stock runs out.

Mahalo!
Tom

TT

Go to http://digitiki.com/podcast.htm and check out Episode 68 of The Quiet Village Podcast with Randy Poe who wrote the liner notes for 'Far Away Lands—The Exotic Music of Gene Rains'

Pages: 1 21 replies