Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Good place to find ABS molds for tikis?

Pages: 1 4 replies

C

I am looking for the supplier of this mold (pic posted) any help would be greatly appreciated! Mahalo all...

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 29, 2014 6:55 PM

It's a cheap plastic tiki you get at Party City or some cheap party store and then people use it as a mold and fill it with plaster or cement. You have to bury in sand or something first so it doesn't flex and become misshapen when you fill it.

G

I wish I knew. That is a good sculpt. Yep, you could build him into a column... all kinds of good things.

Yes, check Party City or a dollar store. Here's a tread that shows how to cast them in concrete or hypertufa. I used black and white epoxy coated aquarium gravel as the aggregate and hosed them off a bit afer unmoling them to soften the edges and expose the colored aggregate. Then I stained them with acid concrete stain.

C

Mahalo everyone so far for all of your help. The original tiki on a budget thread was posted by coolava back in '07 and I sent him a PM. Hopefully I will find out where he got it. Googled everywhere for it and still can't find it. Hope to hear from him soon!

I have O.T.D: Obsessive.Tiki.Disorder!... :)

[ Edited by: clintiki 2014-06-30 21:31 ]

[ Edited by: clintiki 2014-06-30 21:34 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies