Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Headhunter Shirt on eBay

Pages: 1 31 replies

Holy moly, look at the $$$ on this one...very cool, but too rich for my blood...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2846079472&category=20296

K

Awsome shirt!!! Some hip clothing company should release a new affordable one. Brad, your in the vintage clothing business. Mabye this could be a cool Hale' Tiki collectors shirt!

I'd pay some hard earned $$$ for a repro!!

Gotta keep an eye on this one and see where it goes. Up to $2200.00 and counting

Holy Crap!
$2,324.99?!?!?!?
Am I missing something?
Aloha
:tiki:

K

It must be very rare and powerful! The holy grail of vintage headhunter wear. Any vintage clothing experts out there have a comment?

M

...man, I got a ton of vintage clothes and books about em', but I've never seen this one before...I'll ask my friend Brian about it.....

Matt

I'm familiar with the Mr. Guy label but was unaware that anything with it was so valuable. I think we may be, once again, observing stupidity in action...

J

There are not too many dot com IPOs these days, so that disposable income has to go somewhere

If I spend that kind of money on something it better have moving parts or be too big for the indoors...think of the tiki carving you could get for $2300!!!!

Matt

That high bidder must be somehow associated with the Iron Chefs.

Hey, do ya' ever wonder if some of these high-bidders, y'all know the usual suspects, are actually just running up their credit cards with wild abandon?
Kinda' like those people who were "addicted" to Beanie Babys and would just go into debt to get 'em...
Hmmmmm...
Aloha,
:tiki:

Seriously,

Someone needs to reproduce that shirt. It's top-notch. It must be extremely rare. And it goes with so many cultures - Rock-a-billy, Hawaiian, Swing, Exotica, Tiki, Bowling. I bet it's going straight into a glass frame on a wall, though. The people at Shag-mart or Toes-on-the-Nose need to contact the buyer when this is all done.

Sabu

M

...this is the shirt that could create world peace and unite the masses!!! It surely must be reproduced...

Matt

K

We need to get someone with the ability to manufacture hawaiian/bowling shirts involved with Tiki Central so we can have cool articles like this produced!

On 2003-07-25 13:36, Scotty wrote:
We need to get someone with the ability to manufacture hawaiian/bowling shirts involved with Tiki Central so we can have cool articles like this produced!

Err...I think I know someone...

On 2003-07-24 16:48, Tiki Royale wrote:
Holy Crap!
$2,324.99?!?!?!?

Damn Japanese Collectors!. Can't live with 'em, Can't kill 'em..THE END!

On 2003-07-25 14:04, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
Err...I think I know someone...

bowlingshirt.com does custom work, but it can get pricey.

I can sew....

--cindy

Wow, $3,650.00 final price! I'll pay $36.50 for a reproduction. Maybe even more! Lets find someone who can do it.

S

A Pink shirt by "Sir Guy" and the seller is in West Hollywood. I think someone's pulling someone's leg or something.

K

http://www.luckymule.com has this cool shrunken head t-shirt!

Did anyone save a pic of the shirt that started this thread which they could post? After all the praise, I'm sure that anyone who reads these posts would love to see it.

F
foamy posted on Thu, Jun 17, 2004 9:36 AM

On 2004-06-17 04:06, tikijackalope wrote:
Did anyone save a pic of the shirt that started this thread which they could post? After all the praise, I'm sure that anyone who reads these posts would love to see it.

I'll second that.

B

I'll third that.
Love to see it.

Fourth. Anyone for a fifth? :wink:

http://www.samgambino.com

M

Got yer back Sam Gambino...

Fifth, Baby.

... and make mine TV's Dark Rum.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-06-17 13:03 ]

I can use a fifth of Appleton right now.

On 2004-06-17 13:00, MachTiki wrote:
Got yer back Sam Gambino...

Fifth, Baby.

... and make mine TV's Dark Rum.

Stealin thunder now, are ya? :)

M

On 2004-06-17 13:03, Unga Bunga wrote:

Stealin thunder now, are ya? :)

Sorry Unga Bunga. Looks like I edited right when you posted. Great minds ya know...

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-06-17 13:08 ]

Here's some photos of the original shirt. I'd really love to own one of these:

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2005-12-31 01:33 ]

F
foamy posted on Mon, Jul 5, 2004 10:03 PM

$3,650 for that? It's a frigg'in shirt for cry'in out loud! It better be spun gold.

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-07-05 22:07 ]

Thanks for posting the pic, Sabu; my curiousity is satisfied. Foamy is right though; it makes me think of those news stories in which some kid gets on the computer and bids a few million for a dinosaur or a baseball.

Pages: 1 31 replies