Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Dole Enchanted Tiki Room Recipe Cards

Pages: 1 9 replies

I’ve never seen these posted on TC so I’m going to do so for the benefit of anyone who hasn’t seen them. My apologies if it’s already been done I just missed it.

For at least the last several years, the Dole Whip stand in front of the Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland Anaheim has had these recipe cards. I’m guessing there are five different designs, but only one will be available on any given day. That’s how it’s worked every time I’ve been there anyway.

Usually the cards are just in a stack on the counter, but on the INSIDE counter. In other words, you have to go into the Enchanted Tiki Room waiting area. You were going to do that anyway though right?

The recipe on the back of each card somehow relates to the tiki character on the front and - surprise! - also makes use of Dole Food Company products. Anyway, I think they’re cute.

The cards tie into this fun Enchanted Tiki Room web site from Dole Foods.

I guess the only one I’m missing is Pele and her Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs. Anyone have a picture of that one?

[ Edited by: kenbo-jitsu 2016-05-25 14:08 ]

M

I've shared this before, but Dole does have the recipes themselves on a dedicated site:

http://tiki.dole.com/#/home

Here you go ! Picked this up at the Whip stand last week .

[ Edited by: closettiki 2014-07-27 09:59 ]

On 2014-07-27 08:58, mcmtiki wrote:
http://tiki.dole.com/#/home

Nice URL, thanks for sharing this, mcmtiki! Everyone who hasn't been to this page must check it out. These are very nice animated tiki graphics from the Tiki Room which are each linked to a recipe. They're fun to click on.

On 2014-07-27 09:59, closettiki wrote:
Here you go! Picked this up at the Whip stand last week.

There it is. Many thanks.

I finally got a Pele card. Here's a good scan of it.

A

I "fixed" your recipe :)

On 2016-09-23 08:56, arriano wrote:
I "fixed" your recipe :)

lol. Many thanks, arriano. I guess the scanner didn't pick up that purple color.

Actually, though, I've made Pacific Sunsets for kids (without the additional ingredient obviously) and they've loved them. I can also recommend the Kiddie Cocktail book by Stuart Sandler for more good family fun.

Wwwhhhhhaaaaaa... I've seen the cards before, but didn't know about the website. That's great! Thanks!

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Oct 21, 2017 10:00 AM

The Pacific Sunset is simple and very enjoyable, a nice taste from one of my favorite places in Disneyland. Thanks for posting the recipe cards; I didn’t know to look when I was there in August, but they probably ran out years ago anyway.

Pages: 1 9 replies