Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Seattle: The Islander...When?

Pages: 1 4 replies

Someone somewhere made the half assed suggestion that Seattle TC-ers meet up at our town's NEW! Tiki joint...The Islander. So let's hash this out. For me any night after 8-esque is good, with Sat, Sun, and Mon being wide open for any time you like. What's good for you...and you...and you?

As Ohana and Lava Lounge ain't so far away we could do an actual crawl...Or tie the night to some band the whole family would enjoy.* Speak up or so help me I'll do this all by myself and I'll tell everyone I'm there from Tiki Central and then won't you be embarassed when you read about it in the PI the next morning (Drunk With No Friends Makes Ass Of Self At New Bar).

*I'd suggest the unfortunately named Vinyl Avengers, a keys, drum, guitar plus guests combo that does rockabilly and vocal jazz and old country and Frank and Prima and so on, but it seems they aren't playing the Owl 'n Thistle anymore...Or they changed their name. Please tell me if you know anything.

H

I'm in like flynn, baby! This coming Monday is open, but that's awfully short notice. Next Sat & Sun are out for me, but that next Monday is open. I'll be seeing Selector Lopaka & puamana next Tuesday at Thaiku, I'll give them the heads-up if they haven't already read this. I'll email sweetpea, too.

If it turns out to be incredibly disappointing, we can always scoot up into Belltown and hit Ohana instead. Monday is probably the perfect night to be at Ohana -- no krazy kids!

K
Kim posted on Mon, Jul 28, 2003 1:19 PM

If y'all do this on a Friday or Saturday night, Tikitronic & I might be up for it too! The Aug. 15-17 is out for us, but we can take any other Friday or Saturday into consideration.

I was downtown and saw the Islander sign passing, but didn't see where it was? The sign was pointing down to the Typhoon...but I was in a hurry and didn't have a chance to scope out where it was.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Dood on 2003-07-30 23:08 ]

W

Rather than go down the stairs to Typhoon you go straight, The Islander is on the right side oo that dead end of Union (parking garage on the left). This past weekend they had a freestanding bar out front (it's just decoration). Sit inside. Have a Zombie.

Pages: 1 4 replies