Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Tiki Oasis 2014 - Like, The Unofficial Beat*Tiki Mix, Man...

Pages: 1 6 replies

D

Hey, Ken from the CocktailSyndicate here, and since we're just about a week away from Tiki Christmas, I've uploaded a new unofficial set of tunes hand-selected with the thought of getting you in, like, a Beatnik state of mind, dig? Don't be the mayor of Dullsville; Get hip to the jive while you can!

You can stream or download the show from Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/cocktailsyndicate/like-the-unofficial-beat-tiki-mix-man

Alternately, a download only link is here: http://goo.gl/9abm0o

Here's the playlist:

1. Charlie Barnet & His Orchestra - Bebop Spoken Here (The Capitol Big Band Sessions, 1950)
  2. Lionel Hampton - Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop (78 RPM 10" Single, 1945 )
  3. Les Double Six - A Night In Tunisia (The Double Six of Paris: Swingin' Singin', 1960)
  4. Carmen McRae With The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five (Single, 1962)
  5. Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Twisted (Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross!, 1960)
  6. Dave Frishberg - I'm Hip (Single, 1965)
  7. Gary McFarland - Bloop Bleep (The In Sound, 1965)
  8. Jack Costanzo - Dickey, Dickey, Dickey, Dockey (Learn-Play Bongos with Mr. Bongo, 1961)
  9. Ken Nordine - You're Getting Better (Word Jazz, Volume 2, 1960)
  10. Tom Waits - Step Right Up (Small Change, 1976)
  11. Robert Maxwell & The Ray Charles Singers - Song of the Nairobi Trio (Solfeggio) (Single, 1956)
  12. Katie Lee - Don'tville (Life Is Just A Bed Of Neuroses,1961)
  13. Buddy Collette's Latin All Stars - Jazz Heat Bongo Beat (Jazz Heat Bongo Beat, 1959)
  14. Brazilian Octopus - Gamboa (Brazilian Octopus, 1969)
  15. Kingston Trio - Scotch And Soda (The Kingston Trio, 1958)
  16. Christopher Logue & the Tony Kinsey Quintet - Lithe Girl, Brown Girl (Blue Shoes) (Red Bird: Jazz and Poetry, 1959)
  17. Bob Dorough - Dog (Jazz Canto Vol. 1,1958)
  18. Slim Gaillard & His Middle Europeans - Yip Roc Heresy (Single, 1951)
  19. Babs Gonzales & His Orchestra - Capitolizing (Single, 1949)
  20. Jack Hammer - Like (Songs & Poems of the Beat Generation,1960)
  21. Oscar Brown Jr. - Mr. Kicks (Sin & Soul...And Then Some, 1960)
  22. Rod McKuen - RSVP (Beatsville, 1959)
  23. Terry & The Chain Reaction - Keep Your Cool (Single, 1967)
  24. The Damned - Beat Girl ("Eloise" 12" single B-side, 1986)

Enjoy! See all you next week - I'll be the drunk guy in the Hawaiian shirt!

[ Edited by: Dolewhip 2014-08-13 04:32 ]

Awesome, thank you for putting this together and posting it.

kevin

D

You're welcome, Kevin! Funny, I was just listening to your Plantation 3 Stars show earlier; nice info there. Thanks for that!

Awesome, thanks for listening. I'll be at Oasis as well and would be happy to mix a cocktail as a thank you for the music mixes.

Kevin

D

Wow, I'll take you up on that, Kevin. Pretty sure I'm slated to attend Martin Cate's second symposium on Saturday (although I really should second-check that). Might be a great place to pick up some new drink ideas!

And a thanks from those of us who can't be there in person but can now get a little of the "vibe" :wink:

D

You're welcome, Rum Balls! Sorry you can't make it out this year - we'll have a drink (or two) in your honor!

Pages: 1 6 replies