Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

MOD-Palm Springs Room Crawl October 10-13, 2014

Pages: 1 27 replies

Sunshine Tiki +3 ready to crawl!

MOD-Palm Springs Room Crawl Headquarters (Please reply below if you want to crawl)

As always, the room crawls are not an official part of the event. However, they are very popular and a great way to meet people in our community, enjoy great cocktails, decked out rooms and great music. All paid event attendees are welcome to visit as many or as few rooms as they like.

The crew of the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast are delighted to organize the MOD-Palm Springs room crawl. In addition to following this thread you can listen to ZTL podcast for details. http://www.zentikilounge.com and on iTunes or http://www.ztlfeed.com

Room Crawl: Short room events, usually about 30 minutes. Hosts invite Crawlers into their rooms to try their cocktails. Some rooms offer a drink and some go beyond and decorate their room and even include snacks, recorded or live music. There are no rules.

Room Parties: These are usually the rooms that keep their door open a little longer, decor and music are more likely, but there are no rules. Themed rooms are often some of the best.

Hosts: Whether you are hosting again or trying it for the first time, you are opening up your room to Crawlers to have a good time and enjoy whatever kind of experience you want to offer. Don’t worry about having to out do anyone else. Just have fun. You can host a Room Crawl or a Room Party. Hosting a room does not mean you have to spend a ton of money. You can choose a short time slot and make as much drink as you want. It is recommended that you make a batch of your drink(s) so that you can pour quickly and keep the lines moving. Please note: you open your room to guests at your own risk. The hotel, event organizers, hosts and all others associated with the event are not responsible for what happens in your hotel room. You are responsible for any and all damages. Feel free to ask anyone to leave if they are unruly or acting inappropriate.

Crawlers: You are the GUESTS attending the room crawls and room parties. All MOD-Palm Springs paid (pendant) guests are welcome to participate but you should sign up by replying to this thread so the hosts have an idea of how many to plan for. It is expected that you behave yourselves and lend to the festive atmosphere without causing trouble. You will want to have small bills handy, as tipping the bartenders in the rooms is HIGHLY encouraged because the hosts are not charging you for drinks and have spent a good sum of their own cash. Bartenders do not like being stiffed.

Crawls will occur on Friday evening, and all day Saturday. We limit time slots so that guests can experience as much of the live music and room events as possible. Time slots will be posted below soon. Room hosts can indicate which time slot they would like by sending an email to [email protected]

Yes! There are prizes for participating hosts in the following categories: 1. Best cocktail. 2. Best room party. 3. Best theme/decor. Prizes will be awarded on Sunday at the event. Judges will be the hosts of the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast and others to be announced.

Thursday
11:00pm-Midnight Zen Tiki Lounge presents Cocktails with Clouseaux (Room 222)

Friday
8:00pm-9:00pm Club 235 (Room 235)
9:00pm-10:00pm Coconut Cabana (Room 115)
10:00pm-Midnight Zen Tiki Lounge presents The Pink Panther Shakes Again (Room 222)
10:00pm-11:00pm
11:00pm-Midnight

Saturday
11:00am-12pm Name TBD (Room 118)
11:30am-12:30pm Kraken Hunter Bar (Room 126)
9:00pm-10:00pm
10:00pm-11:00pm Flaming Tiki (Room 132)
11:00pm-Midnight Tonga Hut

Times are subject to change as more entertainment is added to the event. Cheers!

[ Edited by: Sunshine Tiki 2014-09-29 18:03 ]

[ Edited by: Sunshine Tiki 2014-10-05 20:55 ]

FelixTiki +3 to crawl

A

Ready to crawl!!!

C

cdtiki and Diana 2 to crawl.

Tikitonga + 3!!!

MF
  • 1 ready to crawl!

Another room host just added to the list. Do you want to host? Or, know someone who does? Go for it.

And check out the event mug conceptual art. Looking very nice.

I will be there with a plus 2. We're looking forward to a great weekend!

The event pendent by SHAG looks amazing. Orange was the winning color. Be sure to book your room and get your pendents now. We want to see you all there for the crawl and full event weekend.

http://mod-palmsprings.com/info/

This will be our first time. We're ready to crawl be gentle.

I'm with Bettie :)

I

Crawling..........

T

We are so excited to take part in Modernism week! Its our first time. We are a bit confused, though. Not sure what to buy tickets for. Is there one central location, I've seen The Curve hotel and Hacienda Cantina both listed for events. Then I see options to go on tours, some cost money, some do not. Are there any tours inside these awesome homes?? Tiki Man Mike & I would much appreciate any advice you all have for what to expect, what to pre-pay, etc. We are staying at the Del Marco. If we take part in the "Crawl", which hotel is this taking place at? Mahalo!

Please use this link for a description of the different room and pendant/ticket options. The Curve is where the majority of events will take place including all of the room crawls.

On 2014-09-15 22:40, tikikim wrote:
We are so excited to take part in Modernism week! Its our first time. We are a bit confused, though. Not sure what to buy tickets for. Is there one central location, I've seen The Curve hotel and Hacienda Cantina both listed for events. Then I see options to go on tours, some cost money, some do not. Are there any tours inside these awesome homes?? Tiki Man Mike & I would much appreciate any advice you all have for what to expect, what to pre-pay, etc. We are staying at the Del Marco. If we take part in the "Crawl", which hotel is this taking place at? Mahalo!

[ Edited by: Sunshine Tiki 2014-09-17 15:59 ]

[ Edited by: Sunshine Tiki 2014-09-17 16:00 ]

R

RE: Mod Palm Springs bands&room crawls. I thought the only way to acquire a pendant is to stay on site. Offsite attendees have always been able to crawl etc. W/ wristband.so now what is the point of a wristband? Is this a change of policy?

The previous comment was a little confusing. I have updated it.

Thank you

On 2014-09-17 08:00, Rumonkey wrote:
RE: Mod Palm Springs bands&room crawls. I thought the only way to acquire a pendant is to stay on site. Offsite attendees have always been able to crawl etc. W/ wristband.so now what is the point of a wristband? Is this a change of policy?

Our Mod-PalmSprings Event goes on the same weekend as the Modernism show in Palm Springs so you have options all around town.
The people staying on grounds will receive the SHAG Pendant which covers the same thing as the people staying off grounds who will get a wristbands.
(If you want to upgrade to a SHAG Pendant from a wristband you will have the ability to do so for $10 at pick-up). We stuck with wristbands for off site guest to keep the weekend cost affordable at $70.

Wristbands/Pendants cover
Room Party access
Drink Specials
Use of the Pool/Jacuzzi
Promo Price Merchandise
but most of all,the ability to stay on grounds after 6p.m. when we close to the general public.

So if you want to explore other options in PalmSprings please do so,but just try and line up options off site that will not conflict with on ground activities you would like to see.

W

On this episode of the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast, Its a Mod Mod Mod world with Rory Snyder

http://www.zentikilounge.com/podcast/312-its-a-mod-palm-springs-with-rory-snyder

With music by Nutty! And The Outta Sites!

The official event mug is designed by SHAG and glazed in the most awesome mid century orange. Very limited edition and selling fast. Use this link to get yours.

Mug is sold out!!! 150 lucky people are really doing to enjoy filling this guy up over and over.

On 2014-09-23 12:26, Sunshine Tiki wrote:
The official event mug is designed by SHAG and glazed in the most awesome mid century orange. Very limited edition and selling fast. Use this link to get yours.

Just for a few of those still asking, you DO need an event pendant or wristband to attend the crawl. Two more hosts were added this week and another one or two on the fence, its gonna be a great crawl with tasty cocktails and rooms worth of picture opportunities. Get your wristbands or book a room with this link...

Two more to crawl please.

2 more to crawl! We (Sputnik Housewares) will be vending so we might not be able to hit the daytime parties, but will try our best! We are bringing a bunch of cool vintage barware and mod collectables, so stop by room 134 and say hi! Can't wait to see everyone!

L

Lentiki and Tricia crawling.

Another reason to be at MOD Palm Springs this weekend. Cheers!!!

F

Be sure to Kick off the Mod Palm Springs Room Crawl in style by stopping by Club 235.

Tomorrow aka Saturday come ON DOWN to Don the Beachcomber 's International TIKI Market Place !!! 10-3 . I'll have a ton of stuff for really cheap! 3 foot bars 75.00 each!!!! Normally 99.00. The 24.00 you save can go toward your first bottle of rum to christen it! 10.00 random hand carved Tiki Signs, And, left over Forbidden Island Mug/Booze shelves just for you!!! People at MOD Palm Springs .....it's only 1.5 hrs away!!! And, Ben Bamboo xl t-shirts!! See y'all SATURDAY!!!

Pages: 1 27 replies