Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Easter Island Mosaic For Sale

Pages: 1 3 replies

This is the 1950s Easter Island Mosaic that was originally sold as an art kit. Size is 75x16 inches.

I bought it at the estate sale of a local San Jose artist in 2005 together with a large quantity of original paintings and it has been on my wall since then.
The quality of the craftsmanship looks good to me (see photos) and it seems to be the same as the other one or two examples I have seen pictures of.
It has a dark center for the boat sail that is different but otherwise looks very similar to others.
I would say the condition is good - there are some minor defects - the gold in the lightning bolts has partially worn off in a couple of spots, and two of the glass marbles used for the fish eyes are cracked around their edges, and the framing needs refinishing.
I instantly wanted this the first moment I saw it and have enjoyed hanging it on my wall but now I need to realize its value.
Not sure about the value - I saw there was a gallery sale of one of these over $3k a while ago - I'm not looking for top dollar but these don't come up every day and I need to get the best price I can for it. Make me an offer. This is located in San Jose California - I suppose it could be shipped but I would much prefer if someone picked it up in person. I have also listed this on Craigslist and you can contact me through via email through that post:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/art/4601997591.html

TT

Spam much?

H

On 2014-08-19 20:23, Tiki Toli wrote:
Spam much?

I've cleaned up all of his spam posts and sent him a PM.

T

On 2014-08-17 11:05, deelerdave wrote:
This is the 1950s Easter Island Mosaic that was originally sold as an art kit. Size is 75x16 inches.

This is cool.
Too rich for my blood at this time.
Want to do one of these is stain glass for my front door.
Now I have a pic to go by.

Pages: 1 3 replies