Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Las Vegas for a few days - Best Tiki Bets

Pages: 1 11 replies

O

Aside from Frankie's , are there any other locations worth visiting?

“All roads lead to rum.” ~ W.C. Fields

[ Edited by: Oxybeles 2014-09-02 22:14 ]

On 2014-09-02 22:14, Oxybeles wrote:
Aside from Frankie's , are there any other locations worth visiting?
[ Edited by: Oxybeles 2014-09-02 22:14 ]

not really, but that is more time to spend at frankie's.
cheeseburger in paradise has a some tiki decorations and sells a mug depicting a tiki holding a cheeseburger.
there is a moai from the aku-aku in sunset park out by the airport.
micky finn's on fremont has a giant moai out front and some tikis inside but is a horrible place filled with horrible people.
tahiti village decided to redecorate "The décor is subtle and stylish and keeps with our tropical theme minus the tiki kitsch." but they have luau's on sundays during the summer.
around s main st they have a bunch of vintage & antique places and a place that sells old stage props including some huge fiberglass or paper mache moai and tikis.

[ Edited by: exquisitecorpse 2014-09-03 00:56 ]

Hey Oxy, Not much Tiki other than Frankie's
But you can still find old school places to eat like

Piero's (A Ratpack hangout)
355 Convention Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV, 89109

Peppermill Coffee Shop
2985 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV, 89109

Battista's Hole in the Wall
4041 Linq Ln, Las Vegas, NV, 89109

Golden Steer Steakhouse (a Ratpack favorite)
308 W. Sahara Ave

Downtown:
Retro Vegas, the store. Located right on Main Street,
this boutique specializes in mid-century pieces and art and antiques from Old Vegas.
1131 S Main St, Las Vegas, NV 89104

The Neon Boneyard
770 Las Vegas Blvd N

Or grab a drink at the renovated "Atomic Liquors"

Lots of good craft cocktail places popping up though, if you are looking for good drinks. Velveteen Rabbit is right by Frankies and has some good drinks. In the back of the Cosmopolitan is a bar called Vesper with some good drinks as well. They make a good Jungle Bird there.

There is also:

Tiki Lee's Tiki Shop
1400 S Main St
Las Vegas, Nevada

He usually has some interesting things for sale.

O

Thanking all of you for the wonderful suggestions and recommendations.

Just came from Vegas over the three day weekend. Only disappointment - I could not find the Charleston antique mall listed on Critiki. Should of read this thread before I left because of MaukaHale's suggestion to go to Tiki Lee's on Main Street, which would of made up for missing the Charleston shop. The Charleston shop looks like a leveled lot. Can anyone confirm? I realize this isn't just a tread to respond to Oxybele's question but for any tikihead going to Vegas. I missed the Aku Aku Moai in Sunset park (no time) and missed the one at Mick Finn's, I remember going by there but I can't believe I missed the Moai out front. Maybe it's gone. Anybody know? Here some pics from this recent Tiki Vegas stay.

Need to pack properly for one's Tiki Vegas trip

Got to stop at Frankie's, a requirement.

Couple of South Seas resorts

New home for my Frankie's Tiki mug and a reminder of our trip

One more pick on the next post. The photo is from another device.

[ Edited by: creativenative 2015-09-09 16:28 ]

Sorry just noticed there is another visiting Vegas travel thread. I don't know if mods could combine them or not but I should finish my last post here.

My wife got lucky on this machine, I didn't and never do win anything so I hate gambling. Anyway I do keep an eye out for graphics like the machine on my selfie

On 2015-09-09 16:04, creativenative wrote:
...Charleston antique mall listed on Critiki. Should of read this thread before I left because of MaukaHale's suggestion to go to Tiki Lee's on Main Street, which would of made up for missing the Charleston shop. The Charleston shop looks like a leveled lot. Can anyone confirm?

The Charleston Antique Mall has been gone for years, and Lee moved out from there long before that, I think after it changed from being Red Rooster. I believe that area is planned to realign the on/off ramps for Charleston and the 15.

Sorry you missed visiting his new location...next trip!

If you just got back from Vegas you are going to be pretty upset you missed this place. Everything I have heard about it sounds amazing.

https://m.facebook.com/thegoldentikivegas

Thanks for the advise exquisitecorpse, I did want to see it and I did drive by on the way to a special anniversary dinner on top the Palms Resort(beautiful restaurant with the best view of the strip-highly recommended but $$$). I would of took a pic of the outside of the Golden Tiki but it was of a Chinese motif not a Tiki Polynesian pop design and I didn't have enough time to go inside of this fairly new joint but I heard the interior was good. Hopefully they also have ther own tiki mug souvenirs for my next trip.

P.S. My wife had been working in Philly recently but she wasn't able to get me any mugs from there. Again next time.

Tiki Movies & Tiki TV @ southseascinema.org

[ Edited by: creativenative 2015-09-15 04:43 ]

C

The Golden Tiki is an AWESOME place to hang out in Las Vegas! The owners spared no expense in creating an authentic MCM feeling to the joint. You just gotta go!...

Pages: 1 11 replies