N
nomeus posted on Tue, Sep 9, 2014 7:05 PM

10 bottles available

N
nomeus posted on Tue, Sep 9, 2014 7:11 PM

wait..am i even legally allowed to resell in the US? probably not :/

D
djmont posted on Tue, Sep 9, 2014 7:28 PM

No, it is not legal. But then again, neither is speeding.

N
nomeus posted on Tue, Sep 9, 2014 7:30 PM

yea i didnt think so.. donations welcome?

You can't even take that stuff on an airplane. I was going to take some 151 on a flight in checked baggage and here is what I found:

Carrying Alcohol in Your Checked Baggage

Alcoholic Beverages

Please note, you can’t take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.

You may take up to five liters of alcohol with alcohol content between 24% and 70% per person as checked luggage if it’s packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.

Alcoholic beverages with less than 24% alcohol content are not subject to hazardous materials regulations.

Its considered hazardous material.

You can't even ship it with UPS:

Accepted goods

Alcoholic beverages may be shipped under excise duty paid or duty suspension. They must, however, have an alcohol content of less than 70% and must be stored in containers with a capacity of 5 liters or less.

D

Unless you're licensed to do so, it's against both UPS and FedEx regulations to ship spirits. It is not, however, illegal. It is illegal to skip them via USPS. That being said, people ship spirits with both of the common carriers all the time. There is unlikely to be any problem.

S

On 2014-09-10 06:52, MaukaHale wrote:
You can't even take that stuff on an airplane. I was going to take some 151 on a flight in checked baggage and here is what I found:

Carrying Alcohol in Your Checked Baggage

Alcoholic Beverages

Please note, you can’t take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.

I found that out only a couple of weeks before i left here for the Hukilau back in June. I DID bring back three bottles of Lemon Hart 151 with me in my checked luggage however. As i can't buy it here i figured it was worth the risk of losing $100 if they did find it.
I think the chances of them opening your luggage to see exactly what alcohol you are carrying is pretty slim. I mean when your bags are scanned the labels are not going to show so all they see is bottles which you are entitled to carry so i doubt they'd bother inspecting it further.

BK

On 2014-09-09 19:05, nomeus wrote:
10 bottles available

I do! It's simply impossible to find here in N. Ca, and after reading so much about it, want to see what all the fuss is about :)

Yeah, unless you have a license you can't sell it, I thought UPS was cool with spirit shipments but I guess they aren't. Even then you will be subject to your state taxes. Throw in that people here have tried to buy contraband and spirits from outside the US and have them shipped here only to be slapped with customs fees.

I found that out only a couple of weeks before i left here for the Hukilau back in June. I DID bring back three bottles of Lemon Hart 151 with me in my checked luggage however. As i can't buy it here i figured it was worth the risk of losing $100 if they did find it.
I think the chances of them opening your luggage to see exactly what alcohol you are carrying is pretty slim. I mean when your bags are scanned the labels are not going to show so all they see is bottles which you are entitled to carry so i doubt they'd bother inspecting it further.

That law is only for the US, your own domestic laws may vary, considering the postal inspectors of Australia also censor your media it would make me suspect the liquor laws may be strict.

RG

I'm not the alcohol police but carrying hazardous liquids on an airplane without declaring them makes you liable for a lot more than losing your stash.

I know UPS and Fedex are tight on this even if you have a spirits license, but it doable with the proper license. But again I'm not the alcohol police.

On 2014-12-19 22:11, Rum guy wrote:
I'm not the alcohol police but carrying hazardous liquids on an airplane without declaring them makes you liable for a lot more than losing your stash.

I know UPS and Fedex are tight on this even if you have a spirits license, but it doable with the proper license. But again I'm not the alcohol police.

In my training in the (Redacted), I have learned at least two dozen ways to kill a man with a single bottle of Lemon Hart 151.

I always bring my own rum to hawaii and they always open my luggage and cut open my box to inspect it after it has been checked. They always leave a little form to tell me that they opened my stuff. Never had a problem but I do suspect that they would have not have looked favorably upon any 151.

Pages: 1 11 replies