Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Can you help identify this mug?

Pages: 1 3 replies

I found this mug at Fong Fest at Chef Shangri-La in Chicago over the weekend. I spent a few bucks on it because the design seemed familiar. I later realized that the design is Munktiki's "Bug Eyes" mug. I've looked on Ooga Mooga and found the design but nothing about the mug in a black version like the one I bought. The mug itself is unmarked, so I was assuming that it was a knock-off. However, after contacting Munktiki about it they said it could be theirs, that they produced tons of different colors and that many were unmarked.

The mug is black with a white interior.

So, I was wondering if anybody else had any insight to offer.

Thanks

[ Edited by: TheDrunkenTiki 2014-09-16 11:36 ]

all i can say is that i looked at that mug at fong fest and put it back down. i did however grab a few other choice mugs from the same seller as i was helping her unpack !!

E

Your mug is a Munktiki Bugeye - nice score, as I've never seen him in black. This was one of the first mugs Munktiki made (circa early 2000s) and is unmarked. Here's a link to some other color versions of the mug on Ooga-Mooga. (If you have an OM account, please add it!)

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/search.cgi?terms=bug&des_id=any&man_id=3&img_id=any&shp_id=any&clr_id=any&details=yes&mode=search_process&x=94&y=1

Cheers!
e.

Thanks for the help. Glad to find out it isn't a knock off.

Pages: 1 3 replies