Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Shave Ice Syrups for Cocktails?

Pages: 1 1 replies

Last weekend at the Aloha Festival in Santa Barbara, I had a wonderful Shave Ice that had syrups imported from Hawaii. The Passion fruit syrup was much more intense that the Trader Vic's Passion Fruit syrup that I have at home. In fact the Hawaiian syrup had seeds in it! They also had a wonderful Lychee syrup as well. Has anyone used these for cocktails,and you Island Bro's what are the best makers of the best tropical syrups? I was thinking that with soem of the flavors available a whole new world of Tiki Drink discovery could be upon us!

Cheers,

KT

[ Edited by: Kreaky Tiki on 2003-07-26 13:33 ]

S

Already there, buddy! Go to my Tiki Taky website and visit This Week's Specials. You will find a weekly changing Tiki cocktail and sugarfree-syrup based mocktail recipe. I also have links to the major syrup companies and the flavors that they offer that might interest Tiki-philes. I also have recreated many of the traditional Tiki cocktails using sugarfree syrups (I can't have alcohol) and can pass along a specific recipe to you if you have one that you would like!

Pages: 1 1 replies