Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Advice (or bids): 3' UA Tiki

Pages: 1 5 replies

I've gotten it into my noggin that I need a scaled 36" (3 foot) version of of the 5' United Airlines large tiki.

That'd be this guy:

So the question is... what's the best approach?

My skills are thus far limited to papier mache (See thread). Given a lack of working space, tools, and time, I'm thinking my choices are:

(1) Seek out a carver who can pull this off. Any idea of the price range? Any bids?

(2) Attempt to use foam and do it myself, like this Pele

What say ye, O wise tiki crafters?

Well the standard carving price is around $100 a foot
but it depends on the Carver,the higher the quality could mean the higher the price
I think Buzzy is your man/carver, but if price is not an issue, Talk to Crazy Al.

On 2014-09-17 21:12, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Well the standard carving price is around $100 a foot
but it depends on the Carver,the higher the quality could mean the higher the price
I think Buzzy is your man/carver, but if price is not an issue, Talk to Crazy Al.

Thanks - just the sort of data I was looking for.

I'll contact them when the desire to keep $$$ in my pocket is overwhelmed by the desire to fill the gaping void in my life. :)

I suggest talking to member TimberCoveTiki. Kevin is right up in your area and does great work in that very style.

I saw some replica ones made out of foam or fiberglass recently on eBay, at first I got excited for you till I read it wasn't real... Good luck!
Fastbackadam

On 2014-09-20 20:04, 4WDtiki wrote:
I suggest talking to member TimberCoveTiki. Kevin is right up in your area and does great work in that very style.

Of course if you where in the Islands, I would recommend 4WDtiki.....

Pages: 1 5 replies