Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Wilrongo Dasiy

Pages: 1 34 replies

Hello new to site and I own a Wilrongo-Daisy art piece however my piece is stamped like others out there but also has the stamp under the original but upsidedown does this increase decrease the value?

This is right side up maybe the blotch is why they redid it upside down.

Thank you all for any info.

Can't imagine it would effect the value at all. Now if it had been a rare US Mint Wilrongo pressing that would be another story!

aloha, tikicoma

[ Edited by: tikicoma 2014-09-29 00:21 ]

Is that you, Tugwell1?

Thank you so much I appreciate it. would you recomend taking it to an art dealer to get appraised?
Is it common for this kind of difference?

It's not fine art, why would you do that?

It was just a question.
did'nt mean to offend you.
maybe because I wanted to and are you a art dealer?
Can you give an accurate appraisal?
Thats why I asked cause I'm curious.
maybe I have the time and money to invest in an appraisal also what if I needed an appraisal for insurance purposes?
Should it matter why?
Like I said it was just a question and you look like a jerk.
The main reason I asked is there are just a few of the pieces like mine i have found selling for $500-$995 and just curious of actual value but yes your statment helps me understand why people hate forums with people not answering questions but starting their own conversations for some reason.
Be blessed hope you have a productive life!

All of that from just asking you a question?
what are you, hypersensitive?

It is a Witco piece & not fine art, so go ahead and waste your money
on an appraiser who will just look at you funny (which is what I was saying)
and all the experts are right here, when it comes to Witco

So please continue to be pissy with anyone you like, see where it gets you.

Just because you see that some idiot paid a crazy amount on eBay for it
doesn't mean it is worth that, one just like the Witco Daisy's you have, but in better shape
sold recently in Long Beach for $195.00, that's what it is worth.

Your goldrush has not arrived & didn't you post here before under the user, Tugwell1?

T

ATP, who are you going to respond to when no one comes here anymore. :-?

atp calling someone else hypersensitive and pissy is fucking hilarious!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 3, 2014 11:59 AM

ATP. Send all TC responses to GROG before you post. GROG help edit responses so they not come across so A-holish.

What? should I have used smiley faces?
since when is short & to the point, being rude?

Did all the Hipsters make "whiny" & "Don't hurt my feelings,Bro" a thing now?
you know their music sucks, right?

Was I supposed to offer him a backrub & say he done good, then give him a trophy
for making his bed today, because he's special?

Sheesh, kids today! now get off my lawn, punks!

EJ

On 2014-10-03 11:51, kingstiedye wrote:
atp calling someone else hypersensitive and pissy is fucking hilarious!

Points!!!!!

On 2014-10-03 14:54, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Was I supposed to offer him a backrub & say he done good, then give him a trophy
for making his bed today, because he's special?

Try keeping your mouth shut for just once. You crack me up. You try to push people's buttons and when you get a response you get all indignant. Go back to hasseling the Naked Tiki Pool Party people. It was so hillarious. Don't you have some class prep you should be doing for the Anal 101 class you said you were going to attend?

Jefe, If I want your opinion, I will give it to you.

Anyone still visit that fish that used to be at the Bahooka? How does he like being at Damon's now?

ATP: You heard anything new?

Buzzy Out!

Kisses Buzzy! :lol:

Everybody knows the actor I pay to play me in public
is super cool & fun, what more do you want!

Later Bitches!

Hey Buzzy, have you had your CocoJoe collection appraised, lately? :lol:

G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 3, 2014 7:11 PM

On 2014-09-29 04:37, Williamstandefer wrote:
Thank you so much I appreciate it. would you recomend taking it to an art dealer to get appraised?

And ATP answer with::
"It's not fine art, why would you do that?"

You could have answered with a simple yes or no and a brief explanation, or not. But asking "why would you do that?" is basically asking "are you an idiot?" GROG would have been pissed off by that too.

T

ATP, you're an IT/computer slave? It took me two minutes to find out who this woman is. Your first and last response to her was to accuse her of being someone called tugwell1, I don't think so I've found a couple of guys who fit the bill so why did you jump to your assumption? You're kind of a shoot first and don't bother to ask questions second guy aren't you. Believe me when I say the people who have responded here all want the best for TC but for the most part we don't come here with a chip on our shoulder. You know the saying "I may be paranoid but that doesn't mean I'm wrong" well it doesn't mean you're right either.

aloha, tikicoma

On 2014-10-03 19:11, GROG wrote:

On 2014-09-29 04:37, Williamstandefer wrote:

You could have answered with a simple yes or no and a brief explanation, or not. But asking "why would you do that?" is basically asking "are you an idiot?" GROG would have been pissed off by that too.

But Grog, you know I would always write "are you an idiot" if I wanted to know that. :lol:

On 2014-10-03 19:10, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Hey Buzzy, have you had your CocoJoe collection appraised, lately? :lol:

Since I'm the World's Foremost Authority on Everything Coco Joe's, I declare the value of my collection to be: PRICELESS!

Buzzy Out!

On 2014-10-03 19:13, tikicoma wrote:
ATP, you're an IT/computer slave? It took me two minutes to find out who this woman is. Your first and last response to her was to accuse her of being someone called tugwell1, I don't think so I've found a couple of guys who fit the bill so why did you jump to your assumption? You're kind of a shoot first and don't bother to ask questions second guy aren't you. Believe me when I say the people who have responded here all want the best for TC but for the most part we don't come here with a chip on our shoulder. You know the saying "I may be paranoid but that doesn't mean I'm wrong" well it doesn't mean you're right either.

aloha, tikicoma

Well all I did was ask a straight question "Is that you, Tugwell1?"
someone by that user names has posted stuff for sale with the exact wording as this listing, so all I wanted to know
was, are they the same person, you have inserted & assumed I was accusing him/her of something, which I never said or intended

It is you who is now assuming that I have a chip on my shoulder, so who is being a hypocrite here?
I know I have a tendency to be blunt & sarcastic, but everyone here who knows me, who has met me, also knows it is not malicious

Just read everything I write, but picture me joking about it, when I say it
and you will get the actual delivery as intended, now do I have to insert a fucking smiley face
into everything I say or can you mommas boys grow a little thicker skin. :lol:

G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 3, 2014 7:31 PM

Mandatory Smiley face for EVERY post ATP make. :lol:

G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 3, 2014 7:34 PM

:) One at beginning of paragraph. :lol: Spread throughout if long post. And :wink: thrown in a few times for good measure. :P

On 2014-10-03 19:34, GROG wrote:
:) One at beginning of paragraph. :lol: Spread throughout if long post. And :wink: thrown in a few times for good measure. :P

Isn't it enough, I have corrected "your & you're" for you, and only for you, sweetums!
with every thing I post!

You guys are getting really needy now. :P

G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 3, 2014 7:56 PM

On 2014-10-03 19:38, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Isn't it enough, I have corrected "your & you're" for you, and only for you, sweetums!
with every thing I post!

Isn't it enough I have corrected "your& you're" for you, and only for you, with everything I post, Sweetums?-----THe Grammar Police :P

Damn it, Grog! :D
Buzzy I hope you paid yourself, that appraisal fee!

Now get off my lawn!

EJ

Ladies and Gentlemen you have all seen Atomic Tiki Punk's real character.

On 2014-10-03 15:52, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Jefe, If I want your opinion, I will give it to you.

Whatever tough guy. It's funny that you and I have been at the same events, most recently Tiki Caliente and Tiki Oasis, but you have never come up to me and expressed yourself. I know you saw me because you were pointing at me and the person who overheard you say those nasty things is my friend and told me all about it. Anytime you want to step up feel free to do so.

On 2014-10-03 19:11, GROG wrote:

Are you so dense that you can't see that people you consider friends are calling you on your bullshit? You can lead a horse to water....well you know the rest.

On 2014-10-03 19:28, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Well all I did was ask a straight question "Is that you, Tugwell1?"
someone by that user names has posted stuff for sale with the exact wording as this listing, so all I wanted to know
was, are they the same person, you have inserted & assumed I was accusing him/her of something, which I never said or intended

It is you who is now assuming that I have a chip on my shoulder, so who is being a hypocrite here?
I know I have a tendency to be blunt & sarcastic, but everyone here who knows me, who has met me, also knows it is not malicious

Just read everything I write, but picture me joking about it, when I say it
and you will get the actual delivery as intended, now do I have to insert a fucking smiley face
into everything I say or can you mommas boys grow a little thicker skin. :lol:

WTF? Are you really that unhinged? Now you are calling everyone that disagrees "Momma's Boys"? The whole "but everyone here who knows me, who has met me, also knows it is not malicious" line is worn out. You try to position and fashion yourself as a gentleman from a time past but most of those guys would have had nothing to do with the way you present yourself here.

Boring!

T

Now this is kind of funny. Boring is what I thought after your reply to my last post, no kidding. But I think for me to be a hypocrite I would have to be perceived to being rude to new posters, not just you. Now I can see how you may assume I'm being an ass to you about the chip on your shoulder about first posters asking about witco, I frequently assume they're price hunters too, but give them a break, their just seeking information. Sure to make a profit but we may learn something new also (though not to likely), but who knows they may just disappear or they may become as involved with tiki as we are.

aloha, tikicoma

I don't think your being an ass to me, tikicoma, you are entitled to your opinion
I just think your projecting your own perception of what you think, I am saying
then assuming it's true, without asking me if in fact, that was my intention or motivation
even going further to judging me on your own perceptions.

I know my short, blunt, to the point remarks illicit certain reactions
I also know my particular sense of humor is over the top for some people

(One of the reasons El Jefe has stated, for disliking me so, yet his obsession with stalking me
is rather odd & creepy?)

Yet no one seems confused or mistaken to how I mean anything in person
which is clearly understood as humorous sarcasm.

The problem is actual meaning and intention are lost when reading over the internet
and people choose to reinterpret meanings, all the time.

You don't really expect me to change my personality for everyone else, do you?
because it is not going to happen, people like me for it, others don't, C'est la vie.

What is very clear are my remarks are are being blown way out of proportion here
I simply asked Williamstandefer if they posted before as Tugwell1.

My remark "It's not fine art, why would you do that?" was to save this person the cost or need to
to get an appraisal from someone who would say it was worthless, because they would not perceive it as
"Art of any value" which in context is true for most collectors of fine art, but not to us
as collectors of Mid Century Kitsch.

Also I was the only person to actually answer Williamstandefer's question, but I guess I get, no points for that?
sorry to be so verbose, but I am sure if I was to be straight forward & blunt with you, it might have been taken wrong.

Maybe time for a cocktail? so have a pleasant evening.

So atp a lesson learned here could possibly be that instead of these threads turning into 2 pages of you cleaning up after yourself... That you could just maybe check yourself before you feel the burning need to hoist your opinion on every single thread on this site.

It should at least be clear by now that a lot of us see value in new posters here; yes even ones who are looking to (gasp!) sell something. And we really don't see the need for you to constantly be treating the site like your lawn. Time for a cocktail? Indeed. Maybe have one before your next rant or accusatory post. Smilies or not.

Just a thought.

point taken....

Hello, I'm back only to say goodbye.
Just to clear up some things, first I am not Tugwell1 sorry for the confusion ATP.
Second I know you think everyone on this forum knows you and obviously respects your opinions, but like my very first post states new to site and just wanting information on signature of value. So I don't know your credintials and you did come off kinda harsh, however after reading all these posts I agree with you it probably is a bad idea to get it appraised I have no idea of this type of material thats why I came to this site just for help.
As for the history of this piece it has been in our family since the 60's was my grandmothers after she died it became mine had it for a number of years and could never make out the signature and finally figured it out by taking a picture and turning it upside down then it was clear what it said.
I am a big boy and don't need you to change my diaper just use your awesome years of knowledge to help us out there who don't know anything about tiki art, but there is a certain level of respect and decorum that should be used by someone as respected as you are.
Never less I do respect even your first response to my question and hope this clears the air no bad blood:)
Be Blessed!

Cool, glad you got the original meaning & intent of my post
if I didn't want to help, I wouldn't have said anything

I am blunt, sorry if you thought it was personal
here is a photo of the one that sold in Long Beach for $195.00
so you can compare yours to it.

Witco Art & furniture was originally sold as low cost decor up to the 1970s
and for many years really was not of much value, but the interest in the Jungle & Polynesian lines
by the very same Tiki & Mid Century modern collectors, right here on Tiki Central
has made it popular again, but many antique sellers, noticing the demand for Witco items
have been escalating asking prices for the brand (In my opinion) I have seen some ridiculous
asking prices on eBay the last year or two, but eBay is known for that these days.

You will find more information on Witco right here, just do a search for Witco
in the upper right hand corner under "SEARCH"

You will find much more knowledgeable experts then I, in bigbrotiki, Bosko
and a handful of hardcore collectors, right here on Tiki Central.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-10-06 03:33 ]

Much appreciated
On to the next
Thanks!

Pages: 1 34 replies