Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Meditative Moai Wallhangers - Limited Edition decor by VanTiki

Pages: 1 4 replies

V

Aloha!

Behold the Meditative Moai - the deepest thinking stone idol in the South Seas. What profound thoughts are spinning in that ancient stone brain? Nobody knows - this Idol hasn’t budged in a millennia! The Meditative Moai is a limited edition slip-cast ceramic wallhanging that will bring a sense of calm & quiet contemplation to your tiki bar, den, or secret lair.

The Meditative Moai is 9.25” tall (23.5cm), 4.5” wide (11.5cm), and is limited to only 40 pieces (20 in Tahitian Lime, 20 in Red Basalt). It is slip-cast ceramic with a hollow back, making them lightweight and easy to hang from a small nail. Each piece is signed, dated, and marked with its edition number by the artist. Like all VanTiki artwork, the Meditative Moai were entirely crafted by VanTiki (aka Henrik Van Ryzin) in his Hawaii based studio.

What one to call your own? They will be available Friday, October 10th at 12 noon Hawaii time. Price is 65$ each (plus shipping). There is an additional Artist's Proof Edition of 6 that will be offered on ebay at a later date.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/VanTiki

Astute followers of VanTiki Island news will remember that I also did a "cracked and ancient" version of this sculpt (with 4 different variations). Those pieces have not been lost! They will be offered in early 2015.

Mahalo for looking!
Henrik "VanTiki"

Love these! These are my favorite of your work!!

V

On 2014-10-04 21:30, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
Love these! These are my favorite of your work!!

Mahalo Lori! I really like them too - had to get over a lot of technical hurdles before they were ready for the public - but it was worth the effort!

Henrik "VanTiki"

V

Friendly reminder bump: sale kicks off tomorrow at 12 noon Hawaii Time!

V

The Moai are now available! Whoo!

Pages: 1 4 replies