Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

My Home Grown Tiki Bar (Pic Heavy)

Pages: 1 7 replies

First off, Hello all. I've been lurking here for a while and absorbing great ideas.

That said here's my summer tiki bar project. It's 12' x 8' with over 3000 beer bottle caps for a bar top. We used to have a table and chairs here but it was time to replace them. After 3+ yrs of trying to convince the wife that a tiki bar should go here.. Well she finally gave in. Of course now she loves to ask me what took so long.

Anyway, future plans include wrapping the counter around to include cabinets below and a sink. Saving more caps for that task.

I also need to build some stools.

Nice start Drunkuncles! Keep the pix coming.
Cheers

T

After seeing your bar top, I can see why you drink so much beer! :lol:

Excellent construction! Keep adding the tiki stuff and drinking. :wink:

I am seeing more of a Mexican Beach/Beer bar vibe (Florida style?)
then the vintage Polynesian aesthetic we try to create/preserve here
but if that is the look you are going for, then you hit the mark.

You show nice building skills & I hope you keep adding to the tropical look for your place.
be sure to check out the Home Tiki Bar thread here for more ideas
but one big criticism, where are the tropical cocktails? because beer ain't gonna cut it! :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Well ATP. We have to give him one thing. He has some Tikis. :D

T

Dude! Such a great build. The best part about a Tiki Bar is having fun drinking and slowly adding your worldly finds to it. And from a beer lovers view, glad to see so many good beers!

Cheers,
Tony

On 2014-10-07 17:43, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I am seeing more of a Mexican Beach/Beer bar vibe (Florida style?)
then the vintage Polynesian aesthetic we try to create/preserve here
but if that is the look you are going for, then you hit the mark.

You show nice building skills & I hope you keep adding to the tropical look for your place.
be sure to check out the Home Tiki Bar thread here for more ideas
but one big criticism, where are the tropical cocktails? because beer ain't gonna cut it! :)

Hmmmmmm…… Ok, I think you are right ATP, probably a little more Flori-bama than Polynesian. I'll have to see if I can fix that.

Chris

Pages: 1 7 replies