Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Carnival game for the school

Pages: 1 9 replies

So once again I had to build my daughter class carnival game. I get stuck doing this because...

1. I'm probably the only dad who knows how to use power tools
  2. I'm probably the only Dad that gives a crap

And since the hippies and sissies have taken over the world its not a halloween carnival... that stuff isn't allowed.
So the wife suggested a tiki theme (probably to keep me from bitching too much and attempt to make it interesting to me).

I used all scrap wood, an old door, 8 plastic moai mugs, couple of tiki torches and the loudest most generic luau table cloth I could find.
$10 for a dozen racquet balls, $4 for an ugly tablecloth, a little gray spray paint and spray glue, couple of hours...

Tiki Roll

Its not glorious, but the kids should have fun with it.

EJ

Nice work.

H

Fun.

We need kids to think tiki as they grow up so we can sell off our collections when we are too old to dust. Good job,Wendy

Wow! Super cute & clever!

T

Yesss, that's mostly awesome! Well done. so does it angle downward a little bit at the end?

T

On 2014-10-13 10:33, danlovestikis wrote:
We need kids to think tiki as they grow up so we can sell off our collections when we are too old to dust. Good job,Wendy

Ha ha!

Looks great, very cool design layout, and a whole lot cooler than games at a Halloween thing from when I was a kid!

On 2014-10-14 09:36, TheBigT wrote:
Yesss, that's mostly awesome! Well done. so does it angle downward a little bit at the end?

yeah, Its blocked up so the balls roll down. They place the racquet balls thru the holes, rolls down, bounces of some moais and falls into one of the slots. the middle slot is harder to get, so they'll be a slightly better prize when that happens.

Very cool Erich, and fun! Before the hippies and sissies took over the carnivals, my favorite was the junked car whack. They would give you 3 whacks with a sledgehammer and you could keep any part you knocked off. I tried to get my wife to let me do that for her elementary school carival but she put the kabosh on that :lol:

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2014-10-20 20:27 ]

C
cy posted on Tue, Oct 21, 2014 8:13 AM

You are a good dad ErichTroudt, that game turned out great! I would suggest burning patchouli oil in the tiki torches to keep the hippies from thinking it is too pagan however.

Pages: 1 9 replies