Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Introduction - Founder of Denizen Rum

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hello Fellow Rum Enthusiasts. My name is Nick Pelis and I am the founder of Denizen Rum. I have been following your forums for the past few months and have become so energized by the passion each member has for Rum, Rum Culture, and Tiki Drinks. Every time I read a new post I feel like I learn so much more about each of these topics so I felt compelled to finally join you. With respect to Denizen, I am humbled by the organic conversations about my brand that I have read on Tiki Central and the efforts that people have gone through to source a bottle of either our Aged White or Merchant's Reserve if they are not currently available in their home state. You all inspire me to keep pushing forward as a small supplier in a category dominated by some of the world's biggest spirits producers. Thank you so much for your support and please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions about Denizen via our [email protected] email. In the meantime, we just published a new post on our Rum Mixology blog paying homage to the heritage of the original rum runners and how they influenced the development of Denizen Merchant's Reserve. Here is the link.

http://rummixology.com/denizen-merchants-reserve-celebrates-the-heritage-of-the-original-rum-runners

We have a team of very talented rum cocktail historians contributing to our blog so if you have any specific topics you would like us to cover in the future please let us know.

Enjoy!

Hello and welcome! Thanks for joining the conversations.

Welcome to TC, Nick! So,... any chance of us getting some distribution of Denizen in Texas?

Always room for more rum!

O

Welcome to the TC Boards!

And a BIG THANK YOU for a superior rum.

Merchant's Reserve is our go-to rum/rhum for the Mai Tai.

Recommended Recipe
1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
3/8-1/2 oz Pierre Ferrand Dry CuraƧao
1/4 oz Orgeat
1/4 oz Pure Cane Syrup
2 oz Merchant's Reserve
Large Sprig of slapped Mint :wink:
1/2 spent lime optional

ENJOY....

Great to see someone active in the rum revival here, and someone with such a love for its history!

C

Aloha Nick!

Great to see you wash-up on the shores here at Tiki Central.

It was great to work with you a few years back on Ohana Luau at the Lake in Lake George, NY. I am almost out of Denison that I brought home form the Northeast. I, too, would like to know where to get it in Texas - if it is available here, yet?

Mahalo!
Caroline

Welcome to Tiki Central Nick! nice to see you here! enjoy!

Not sure if Texans are still searching but I found Merchant Reserve at Tony K's in Houston yesterday. Got the tip while chatting up the bartender at Lei Low. He made me a mai tai with it that was delicious so he let me know where I could find it. They didn't have it on the shelf at the store but thankfully I asked cuz he went to the back and grabbed me two bottles. I'm excited to finally get to experiment with this stuff.

Pages: 1 8 replies