Name:Tiki Hideaway
Type:bar
Street:1600 E Woodlawn Rd, Suite 100
City:Charlotte
State:NC
Zip:28209
Phone:704-557-0474

Description:
Open as of December 18, 2014. 120-seat bar and small plates restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating.

http://thetikihideaway.com/

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2014-12-30 07:58 ]

J

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2014/11/07/tiki-hideaway-aims-to-bring-feel-of-south-pacific.html

Please note: That should read diamond tufted bar stools, not encrusted.

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2014-12-10 11:56 ]

J

I'm going to the Friends & Family preview this weekend. (Although I've already had a couple private tours of the interior during build-out.) Not sure if I'll get a lot of pictures, but I'll report back next week. Expect official opening before Christmas.

On 2014-12-10 11:50, JenTiki wrote:
I'm going to the Friends & Family preview this weekend. (Although I've already had a couple private tours of the interior during build-out.) Not sure if I'll get a lot of pictures, but I'll report back next week. Expect official opening before Christmas.

Just wanted to hear what you thought. My wife and I are planning to make the trip up from Charleston to Charlotte Friday and take or first trip to the new Tiki Hideaway. Any menu suggestions or tips?

My wife Beth and I drove up to try the new Tiki Hideaway on Friday night and had an spectacular experience. We were lucky enough to be greeted at our arrival by the owner who was more than happy to show of his new creation to us.

They have done a nice job to make the most out of a small space. The back wall looks great and the carving there stands watch over the entire dining room and bar area.

We also liked the upholstery they chose for the dining room for the bar stools.

The wall along the tables holds three large illuminated prints which change colors every few seconds.

We were able to make a nice dent in the small plate menu trying about eight dishes. We also tried six drinks including the Zombie, Mai Tai, Jungle Bird, Corn & Oil, Fog Cutter, and the Donga Punch.

Overall we were extremely happy with our evening at the Tiki Hideaway and would certainly recommend that you give it a try.

J

Wow, nice looking place and menu! Kudos, way to go!

They did NOT do it the "Tiki Lite" way, bravo!:

"Setting a new standard for the resurgence of tiki bars throughout the US in the last several years, the space is highlighted by a carved back wall nicknamed the temple of doom with its secret doorways. A giant Tiki stands watch over a diorama of a Hawaiian Lagoon and the bar is built around a ten foot tall Moai that holds fine and rare rums in his gaping, back lit mouth. Guests will also enjoy live beach scenes from web cams in the south pacific, stylized murals spanning twenty feet, an iconic A-frame thatch roof over their heads and choreographed Hollywood clippings that help kick back and escape. Lightning will flash and the ground will rumble when a scorpion bowl the size of a foot bath is ordered complete with sets of 18” straws and fresh cut flowers. Soft colored lights and themed music will fill the outdoor Patio as an array of water fountains adds to the atmosphere."

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2015-01-22 09:11 ]

J

As of November 9, 2015, Tiki Hideaway is permanently closed.

Sigh! Sad but so true...

In this day and age, especially, having a viable business plan is so much more important than the decor or the drinks.

Pages: 1 10 replies