Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Panda and Me paintings by Sandra Fremgen

Pages: 1 16 replies

Hello Tiki Enthusiasts!

I am so thrilled that my artworks "Panda's Movie Night" and "Come Together" will be part of the "Powerful Women" show! The show is organized by Girls Drawin Girls, a group of women artists who are determined to redefine the art of the pin-up.

For me, a POWERFUL WOMAN is someone who spreads joy and love whether she is in the center of attention or behind the scenes. In "Come Together," my ladies are front and center dancing their hearts out for the crowd. While in "Panda's Movie Night," she is laid back and giving all her attention to Panda's nieces and nephew. I really admire a woman's ability to command attention when she wants it, but also celebrates those around her. Hence, these two paintings are sides of life I strive for.

Please click here (http://bsuarts.com/Girls.htm) and check out all the other "Powerful Women" pieces in this show.

Both of these paintings are acrylic on wood, 16" x 20". They are going for $400 each. If you are interested in purchasing, please hit reply and let me know! :)

Thanks so much for looking!

Sandra

PS. in "Panda's Movie Night," the gang is watching "Blue Hawaii"

Come follow the adventures of super spy Panda and the gorgeous women that keep him in line! This world of espionage is captured in an art style that is a mix of Mad Men, Polynesian and Hello Kitty!

http://www.PandaandMe.com

[ Edited by: SandraFremgen 2014-11-10 23:34 ]

[ Edited by: SandraFremgen 2014-11-10 23:35 ]

C
cy posted on Wed, Nov 12, 2014 8:07 AM

Great work Sandra!

Thank you so much Cy! :) I was a little bit shy posting my work here... but glad that I did.

Wow.. I just clicked on your blog and saw all the tiki sculptures that you worked on. Really beautiful and diverse styles of tiki sculptures!
Sandra

Come follow the adventures of super spy Panda and the gorgeous women that keep him in line! This world of espionage is captured in an art style that is a mix of Mad Men, Polynesian and Hello Kitty!

[ Edited by: SandraFremgen 2014-11-12 08:44 ]

Awesome Sandra......

Jon

Great paintings Sandra, so glad you posted them. Pandas and Tiki, like peas and carrots :wink:

Don't' be shy because we all enjoy looking at your work. I see my swap painting every day. The space lady is like a family member. Beautiful movement in the grass skirt. Wendy

T

Wow! Amazing work!

T

Beautiful! Please keep posting other work here, great to see new work by talented artists (like you)!

@Jon, thank you so much!! :)

@MadDogMike Thanks so much. Ok, I'll post more here regularly. Heee hee.."Pandas and Tiki, like peas and carrots" love it! =)

@Wendy, oh that's right! my space lady is in your home!! thank you! Overall, there is such a diverse amount of good work here.. I need to get over my shyness and post more.

@Tiki501 Thank you!!!

@TikiAno .. .thank you! Yes, I'll keep posting here. I'm so happy that there is an international forum to unite Tiki lovers!!

Overall, thanks everybody! I feel so welcomed :)

Hello Tiki Lovers,

Happy New Year! :) I hope you are all doing well and having a great new year so far.

I want to show you two new paintings in the "Panda and Me" series. The first one is "Panda's Underwater Adventures," in which Panda is an underwater photographer hanging out with new friends. The second one is "This will tickle only a little," in which a Mermaid Artist is carving a Tiki.

I did "Panda's Underwater Adventure" as a gift for my friends Andy and Kinner's sea themed baby room. Andy and I collaborated a lot in art school and so getting to do something together again was a lot of fun. I made my painting to coordinate with Andy's piece:

The second painting "This will tickle only a little," is about a Mermaid Artist putting the finishing touches on her Tiki sculpture. The Tiki is getting ticklish as the Mermaid is delicately chiseling his nose... it's like the artist and the artwork are having a back and forth conversation with each other. When I am painting for hours, I feel the artwork takes a life of its own and dictates the next move. It's my job to follow what the artwork wants. :)

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed looking at my paintings!

Sandra

Nice Sandra! I love the underwater colors and the transparency of the mermaid tail

Is there a back story on how these Pandas became interested in tiki?

@MadDogMike, Thanks for the kind words!! :) I love the color scheme of the coral + Sea + mermaid...I also love playing with textures and transparencies such as the tail.

@MaukaHale.. "Panda and Me" is about a Panda spy running all around the world and surrounded by beautiful women. It's my excuse to paint retro ladies and a cute Panda. :) Panda runs around in a retro/Tiki/Mid Century Modern world. Thanks for asking. =)

Well done, fun, enjoyable art. It's wonderful to have you back here posting, Wendy

Thanks so much Wendy!! :)

Yeah, i'm behind on posting... but I do subscribe to this "other crafts" forum and get everybody's posts via email. That is how I stay current with you all. :)

Sandra

Sandra I love your latests works.

It was great to meet yA at Caliente

Jon

Pages: 1 16 replies