Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

My Tiki Oasis

Pages: 1 18 replies

So i have finished converting my tough shed into my Tiki Oasis on the outside and now i need to start the inside when i have time. Check out my finished product!

Very cool!

H

Great job keep us posted. I like how it's tucked away in a corner and it looks very inviting.

Wow, nice metamophesis! Welcome to Tiki Central

Very nicely done!

E

Whats the best way to prevent sun damage to the matting? Everywhere we put it outside doesnt last more than a year.

TT

So cool!!

Looks good! But I was really waiting for a picture of the doors open and a peek inside! :)

Or is that a "coming attraction?" Can't wait for more!

Yeah the inside is still just a shed unfortunately but it's a work in progress, I have it all planned out of what it will look like when I'm done.

The inside may still be a shed but it has a bitchin' bar :wink:

[ Edited by: Jungle John 2015-02-28 23:37 ]

I am actually...they are a bit pricey for the tall ones I want so I need to save up for it but I know that will be the topping on the cake!

So the outside is finished with fake life size parrot and all! The tiki hut sign I made out of bamboo that's growing in my backyard

I like it!

Looks good!

Just two pieces of advice:

Instead of a "Tiki Hut" sign, try coming up with an original name for your spot, something that makes you happy, that may even sound a little "exotic."

And I do like the parrot and the surfboard, but be careful of the "Jimmy Buffett" look, it's not Tiki; unless that's just the look you're going for.

Cheers,

Voodoo

On 2015-02-27 19:19, IDoVoodoo wrote:
Looks good!

Just two pieces of advice:

Instead of a "Tiki Hut" sign, try coming up with an original name for your spot, something that makes you happy, that may even sound a little "exotic."

And I do like the parrot and the surfboard, but be careful of the "Jimmy Buffett" look, it's not Tiki; unless that's just the look you're going for.

Cheers,

Voodoo

I concur.....

Hi thanks for the advice voodoo... but I actually like it saying tiki hut I had pondered many ideas before coming up with what's pretty much self explanatory and generic but it makes me happy not to mention it looks pretty awesome and I made it from scratch. As far as the parrot and surfboard that's a part of me that I added to my backyard escape and I understand it's not tiki but it's me so I put them in there.

Thanks again

On 2015-02-27 21:35, TikiStiles39 wrote:
Hi thanks for the advice voodoo... but I actually like it saying tiki hut I had pondered many ideas before coming up with what's pretty much self explanatory and generic but it makes me happy not to mention it looks pretty awesome and I made it from scratch. As far as the parrot and surfboard that's a part of me that I added to my backyard escape and I understand it's not tiki but it's me so I put them in there.

Thanks again

I'm with you 100%. Having a place to escape that makes you happy is what its all about. Good job man.

E
ECTiki posted on Mon, Mar 2, 2015 9:31 PM

Love the hammock! Life is better in a hammock with rum drink in hand!

Pages: 1 18 replies