Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Vintage rattan 3-band square pretzel chairs

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hey!

I'm turning 2 vintage, 3-banded, square pretzel chairs to some lucky TC member!

This isn't an ebay auction as I don't have any pictures (yet). I'm hoping that someone that's been to Bong's Tiki Hut remembers what they look like (or could accurately describe them to someone that hasn't).

Considering their age, the chair frames are in pretty good shape. The cushions could be recovered though. I do have new bark cloth skip covers on the backs.

I'm asking only $50 each. However, if you're a bargaining person, I may be talked into accepting $75 each.

If someone that has never been to my poodle farm wants them, I'll beg Madame Bong to photograph them with her DiGiTaL cameral and post the picture. All I have is an old Polaroid and they dont' make film for it anymore (I'll throw it in the deal!).

Hey Bong....your chairs are too far away for me to buy...but I think I have film for that old Polaroid of yours! I have a bunch stored in my fridge!

waikiki

Let me know if they are still available Bong! Are they the ones from the thrift store around the corner from me? Remember, I was the one that was there just before (the thrift store) put them out and Madame Bong came in an snatched them up! I was busy taking home my velvet painting from there while Madame B was doing her purchase.

I won't reveal what you paid for them(wink).

Email me.

SugarCaddyDaddy's SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-07-28 13:52 ]

K

Great price!!! We generally sell these at Atlanta based 20th Century Antiques with plain black or red fabric for $395 each. Some TC'er should jump on these!

L

I'm damn interested senior bong how much more to drop off in Pasadena? I would pick up myself but am in Nor cal.

I will pick them up in person for $50 each.

Monkeyman

If you like, I can fight SCD for them.

Sugar...Will it be simple fisticuffs or an ancient martial art form?

Keep in mind that Monkeymen have a prehensile tail in addition to opposable thumbs on their hands AND feet.

Monkeyman

Monkeyman,

I'm letting Sugar have first crack at 'em. First come, first served - The American Way (except, that is, for the Native Americans).

If he declines, they're yours.

Oh yeah, Sugar said he'd toss in that sweet little Witco table he got during Tiki Oasis (ha ha).

In a time gone by, I bought about 200 of the original Bali Hai Shelter Island restaurant chairs? Suicide Sam bought a couple and I sold about 10-20 more... the rest were purchased for like $2/each by some resto furniture dude and about 50 were given away? Sheezola! Lost the Farm on that one - sold 'em all for like the aforementionied $2/each because I needed the bucks.
Holden

Holden Westland
Tiki Farm
"Purveyors of Polynesian Pop Culture"
http://www.tikifarm.com

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2003-07-29 00:25 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies