Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 7: Room Crawl

Pages: 1 38 replies

Tiki Caliente 7 Room Crawl/Room Party Headquarters Event is May 14-17 2015 in Palm Springs

Please stay tuned to this thread for time slots for room hosts. The event is still unfolding, so hang on just a bit till we get a few more things figured out. But if you already know you are ready to crawl or host, just reply and join the party.

The room crawls are not an official part of the event for many reasons. However, they are very popular and a great way to meet people in our community, enjoy many great cocktails, decked out rooms and great music. You do need a wristband to attend the crawl.

The crew of the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast are delighted to organize the Tiki Caliente room crawl. In addition to following this thread you can listen to ZTL podcast for details. http://www.zentikilounge.com or on iTunes

Room Crawl: Short room events, usually about 60minutes. Hosts invite Crawlers into their rooms to try their cocktails. Some rooms offer a drink and some go beyond and decorate their room and even include music. There are no rules.

Room Parties: These are usually the rooms that keep their door open a little longer, decor and music are more likely, but there are no rules. Themed rooms are often some of the best.

Hosts: Whether you are hosting again or trying it for the first time, you are opening up your room to Crawlers to have a good time and enjoy whatever kind of experience you want to offer. Don’t worry about having to out do anyone else. Just have fun. You can host a Room Crawl or a Room Party. Hosting a room does not mean you have to spend a ton of money. You can choose a short time slot and make as much drink as you want. It is recommended that you make a batch of your drink(s) so that you can pour quickly and keep the lines moving.

Crawlers: You are the GUESTS attending the room crawls and room parties. All Tiki Caliente paid (wristbands) guests are welcome to participate. It is expected that you behave yourselves and lend to the festive atmosphere without causing trouble. You will want to have small bills handy, as tipping the bartenders in the rooms is HIGHLY encouraged because the hosts are not charging you for drinks and have spent a good sum of their own cash. Bartenders do not like being stiffed.

Crawls will occur on Friday evening, and all day Saturday. We limit time slots so that guests can experience as much of the live music and room events as possible. If you want to host a crawl or room party, send a note to [email protected]

Yes! There are prizes for participating hosts in the following categories: 1. Overall best cocktail. 2. Overall best room party. 3. Best theme/decor. Prizes will be awarded on Sunday at the event. Judges are the hosts of the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast.

Need Help? Ask Sunshine Tiki. In addition to hosting the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast, Sunshine has been hosting room crawls and room parties for most of the past decade. Maybe you have been to one of our ZTL room parties at Tiki Caliente, Taboo, Mojave Oasis or Tiki Oasis. Please feel free to email [email protected] for specific questions you don’t want to post on the thread. Im happy to offer tips on planning your room event, how to mass produce your drinks, music suggestions etc.

[ Edited by: Sunshine Tiki 2015-02-06 12:09 ]

SoccerTiki & I will be Crawling......WooHoo!!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2015-03-12 17:24 ]

S

seagoat +1 for crawlin'!

Hang10tiki and SewTiki will be crawliN

:drink:

Here are the final time slots.

Thursday
9:30 - 11:00pm Zen Tiki Lounge and Selvarey present: TC7 Welcome and Kickoff (Room 234)

Friday
3:30 - 4:30 A cocktail mixer with the Mulders AKA Eekum Bookum (Room 229)
7:00 - 8:00pm Coconut Cabana (Room 146)
7:00 - 8:00pm
10:00 - 11:00pm Flaming Tiki (Room 116)
10:30 - 12:00am Totally Tacky Tiki 80's Dance Party presented by Zen Tiki Lounge (Room 234)

Saturday
1:00 - 2:00pm Vincent and Karen (Room 201)
1:00 - 2:00pm Poly Hai Pep Rally
7:00 - 8:00pm PiPhiRho
10:00 - 12:00am Poly Hai 2015 Prom
11:00 - 12:00am

[ Edited by: Sunshine Tiki 2015-05-09 12:07 ]

Put me down for crawling :)

On this episode of ZTL podcast you get a sneak at one of the drink recipes we will be serving at Tiki Caliente 7, and a little update on upcoming events across the country.

https://zentikilounge.squarespace.com/podcast/322

Great that folks are signing up to host the crawl and room parties. Please be patient for time slots on Friday and Saturday. Because the event has moved locations there is a little more planning to make sure that we don't overlap crawls and entertainment too much. For that reason, time slots may not be available till mid March. However, if you already have a preference for Friday or Saturday, you can let us know now. Cheers!

For crawlers, just reply to this thread and let us know you are joining the fun.

T

TikiHula will be crawling. woohoo!

P

Two to crawl.

Uncertain about hosting this year. Valerie and I both lost our jobs this week and hosting can be expensive. Have to see as the event gets closer.

B

On 2015-02-26 18:33, PiPhiRho wrote:
Two to crawl.

Uncertain about hosting this year. Valerie and I both lost our jobs this week and hosting can be expensive. Have to see as the event gets closer.

----oh no! terrible news to hear; i sincerely wish you so much luck ...

Stupid question:
Should we be RSVPing if we are just crawling or only if we want to host?

On 2015-03-02 12:20, robtikiti wrote:
Stupid question:

Replying to this thread is all you gotta do. We will see you there. cheers!

Jungle Ginger & myself

On 2015-03-02 22:29, Sunshine Tiki wrote:

On 2015-03-02 12:20, robtikiti wrote:
Stupid question:

Replying to this thread is all you gotta do. We will see you there. cheers!

Then make that me plus two lovely ladies!

Thanks!

There will be two of us crawling! :)

T

We're taking a break from hosting this year, but not from crawling!!
TikiPops +2

Times for the room crawl and room parties are now posted on the first page of this thread. If you are interested in hosting a room on the crawl please choose an open time slot and send a private message to me on Tiki Central or to [email protected]

You can also follow up to date info on the Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/tikicalienteroomcrawl

GT

Going to vend some cool stuff and I would Love to crawl too! cheers! Gogo

Selvarey is just one of the outstanding rum sponsors of Tiki Caliente 7. Listen to the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast for an audio review of our first tasting of this super spirit. And....we will be serving a cocktail made with Selvarey Cocoa at our room party.

http://www.zentikilounge.com/podcast/327-periscope-up-we-spy-selvarey-rum

The Missus and I will be crawling, too. Cheers and mahalo!

C

Put me down for two to crawl.

B

Me , my better half & our pooch.. Im bringing 10 yr old niece this yr so she'll be peeking in

There will be three of us crawling: Me, Sotally Tober, and The Mysterious JOE.

Don't you mean "Sotally Tober, The Mysterious JOE and I"?

On 2015-04-04 10:19, Capt. R.H. Falernum wrote:
There will be three of us crawling: Me, Sotally Tober, and The Mysterious JOE.

The Zen Tiki Lounge is very happy to be mixing with Selvarey Cocoa Rum for the Thursday kick off party at Tiki Client 7. We hope to see you all at the event.

There is still room to host a room crawl or room party. See the first page of this post for open slots and details.

http://www.selvarey.com
http://www.zentikilounge.com
http://www.tiki-caliente.com

Two more for the crawl on Saturday only.

M

Brian Jay and I will be crawling!

O

Initiating preparations to Krawl....

This episode of Zen Tiki Lounge podcast is dedicated to everything Tiki Caliente 7. Hear an in depth interview with Rory Snyder, music from the bands and a sneak peek at just some of the cocktails you won't want to miss.

https://zentikilounge.squarespace.com/podcast/329

We hope to see you at the Coconut Cabana Mardi Gras party Friday night at 7pm.

T

This will be our first year at Tiki Caliente! Angelene and I will be crawling! :)

My hubby and I (Scott and Janet Hensley) would LOVE to be included in the room crawl as guests for Tiki Caliente 7. This is our first Tiki Caliente, although we have attended a couple of international markets recently and met some of thefolks. We are excited and hope to be included in the crawl.

Welcome aboard! See you at the big party.

On 2015-05-03 15:13, houndogmama wrote:
My hubby and I (Scott and Janet Hensley) would LOVE to be included in the room crawl as guests for Tiki Caliente 7. This is our first Tiki Caliente, although we have attended a couple of international markets recently and met some of thefolks. We are excited and hope to be included in the crawl.

P

I am taking the Saturday 7pm slot. I don't know what drink I am goin to serve, but I have a week to figure it out,

Great. Always a pleasure to have you aboard. Looking forward to your cocktail.

Cheers

On 2015-05-07 23:38, PiPhiRho wrote:
I am taking the Saturday 7pm slot. I don't know what drink I am goin to serve, but I have a week to figure it out,

Here is the final line up for the TC7 crawl. 10 rooms and 15 cocktails to try over the weekend. Please remember event wristbands are required for the room crawls. Bring CASH tips in small bills. Your room hosts are opening their doors and providing complimentary cocktails, lots of hard work and craft go into this. Are you a stiffer?! Or a good tipper?

B

Just curious : did the tropics mgmt object to more than 4 crawls a day ??

Pages: 1 38 replies