Never late nor early
At the right place, on time
In whatever form, I accept
And teach me to be
Grateful for the finds of others.

What?

On 2015-02-19 15:28, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
What?

I read it as a crisis of faith. Asking Tiki god when he will deliver on the "In the wild" tiki goods, for his reverence and belief in Him.

He offers, as an example, his patience, and his belief that if he is devout, he will one day be rewarded with the Holy Grail of finds.

the last part I read as a take on the commandment "Thall shall not covet thy neighbors tiki finds." He tells the tiki god that if he doesn't get jealous of others fortunes, and actually celebrates their good fortune, then one day the tiki god will hopefully reward him for this, with a FIND.

At least that's what I'd say if I was in a Lit class and had to write a paper on it.
Buzzy Out!

One can hope Liz doesn't see this post then
more rage fuel.

T

Viva La Tiki Kate!

Buzzy, thanks for your kind words. I was just trying to stay positive while searching flea markets filled with rusty tools and garage sales packed with baby clothes.

FM

I hear ya Johnny. It's tougher nowadays with everyone knowing everything. Luckily I collect a lot more than just tiki, so I can find something somewhere. Rusty tools? If they're made in the USA, they can be worth it. Soft baby clothes, a bunch for a $1? I'd use them to clean or polish things.

T

I feel your pain. Where I am it's mostly good wills, and anything decent tiki they find goes onto the website for auction…I get excited when I find accoutrements stuff…

Pages: 1 7 replies