Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Looking For Info On Hula Bar Lamp With Light-Up Breasts

Pages: 1 5 replies

P

Ahoy-hoy.

I just picked up this hula girl bar lamp, but I'm having a hard time finding any history on it. If anyone is familiar, I'd love to learn about her.

Cheers!

Did you pick that up in Long Beach? Saw one there and wanted it bad. Looks like folk art to me, and if so could be a one-off. Nice find!

P

Thanks for the reply! I found it on the East coast. I saw one listed online a while back, but have no idea where they were made or who made them. I guess she'll remain a mystery.

I have seen a bunch of these gals over the years. I have seen them priced from a few bucks to up to three hundred dollars! There is also the ever popular guy made of bottle caps holding a snack bowl that shows up more often. I think the hula girl lamps were mass produced at one time but have not been able to track down a maker. They all seem to look very similar and I believe they most likely came out in the fifties. Hopefully some more info will surface.

P

Thanks for the info! I have a feeling they were mass produced as well, but sure wish I knew who made them and where they were sold.

I really appreciate your input and will be keeping an eye out for the bottle cap guy.

They are late 1950s and almost all were Made in Japan--at least the few I have seen have been stamped as such.

Pages: 1 5 replies