Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Velvet artist joining my South Sea Arts team

Pages: 1 10 replies

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Jul 29, 2003 5:08 PM

Aloha friends,
Here is a pic of a black velvet from an artist that will be joining the Gecko'z "South Sea Arts" around Januraury of 2004 or sooner?? I will have a black velvet gallery section on my web page with his art available.

His art will be available by prints and originals. He's a awsome artist as you will see in this pic. Unfortunatly he used a Leeteg to show me his work. I told him I will NOT even go there. He said he just wanted to show me how good he was. His art will be signed on the bottom of the velvets reading my buisness name "South Sea Arts Honolulu and his signature" of which I will inform you with when our contracts are all signed.

I have a great web designer but he's been bizzy! If you haven't seen my web page yet it is still in the early stages. It needs much more work and more of my own art as well as my bamboo bars and rentals.

I will try to bring you high quality items from other artist that work with me to add to the look of your personel or buisness Tiki bars.

look at his work and you can judge for yourselves.

http://www.geckotiki.com

Here is the painted velvet in one of my hand made frames. It is of Leetegs famous painting "Hina Rapa"

close up

Aloha

Very Very nice.

Will he do larger peices as well? 10x14 16x20 etc?

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Jul 29, 2003 5:23 PM

thanks Monkey man, yes and custom sizes. I've seen one of his originals the size of a door and it was so ONO! He's gonna be a great velvet artist thats talked about in time to come.

Cool G!

G

Chiki wen you commin dis way to do some work?
we can turn Waikiki back into what it use to be. I cannot do all by myself braddah.

Gecko this is great news. Let me know when "South Sea Arts" can do up some black velvet art for me. I've been looking for something like this since Tony_Velvet showed us all his stuff back in November then disappeared.

Oddly enough I was just inquiring of Trailertaste just recently about their Leeteg-inspired pieces.

Looking good. Is he going to do Leeteg knock-offs only, or original stuff as well? If originals, you might have to get a few wahines under a modeling contract. I'd be happy to help out with the auditions... let me know.
Aloha.

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-07-30 15:29 ]

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Jul 30, 2003 5:20 PM

KG, he's only doing his original work for my company. Anything else will be on him. no knock offs if he uses my company name on his work. He does knockoffs underground though I guess.....aviously(sp?), i have one on my wall.

Suburban Hipster, thanks for the links. I'll let you know when I get him signed. I tried to email you but it came back. send me a test email of your correct email address.

Aloha Gecko, I fixed my email addy and sent you a PM.

G, I'm making my way over there . Pop and I are gonna carve mas mabuti kaibigan.

HH

you two arn't going without me damnit!

take me home........

Pages: 1 10 replies