Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Huge Tiki For Sale Vintage Price lowered. Massive

Pages: 1 8 replies

Here is one big bad boy. I have owned him for over ten years and had grand plans for him. He is the real McCoy and probably originally came from a Restaurant or some sort of commercial use. I wish I could provide more info, Takes several people to move him. Measures a whopping 86 inches in circumference and about 6 feet tall. He is carved from one tree. Solid, heavy, great original patina. First $1000 Gets it. This was carved from a massive tree. Guys like this do not come around often.

[ Edited by: Burgersurfer 2015-05-25 17:50 ]

H

Location?

Sorry, located in the OC. Santa Ana to be exact. Can someone pm on how to turn the pics so they are upright! Thanks

S

Probably not much older than 10, though hard to say exactly. THe pineapple on the forehead was started by Wayne Coombs of Mai TIki in FL. Wayne carved from the 70s on, but the bulk of his work was 1990s to present. Probably not his or it would be marked either with a W on it or Mai Tiki, and always easily seen.

Thanks for the feedback! Where would I look for any markings if there are any? I reached out to Sarko, the guy I bought it from. He used to have the most epic, personal tiki party hut ever. It had multiple rooms, the building it ws in sold. I should see if I he has any pictures of it. It was in Costa Mesa/ Newport Border. Anyone attend a party there? He had it placed on the roof of the entry. He did not recall who he bought it from, but he did tell me that he built his adult playroom in the late ninties and when he bought the tiki it was used at that time. Anyone tell me why some of the pictures are sideways?

H

Were the photos from an iphone? I've run into issues with iphone photos as they embed an orientation "marker" in the photo metadata and unfortunately Tiki Central doesn't read the marker. Additionally, rotating the image prior to uploading doesn't always work properly. One workaround I've found is to use an image editor and save the image as a tiff, make sure it's oriented the way you want, then save it back to a jpg. This gets rid of the orientation marker. I'm sure there are other ways. You might be able to directly edit the metadata. Either way, it's a bit of a pain.

Thanks and yes it was a Iphone. I have my old school blackberry, I am going to run a test if old is better in this instance!

T

Saw the Tiki at Jim's warehouse when I picked up the Witco ship he had for sale. The tiki is in good shape and the skin on it has a nice old look to it. Wish I had the $$$ to give him a new home.

Lowered price by $500 bump. Worth a look.

Pages: 1 8 replies