Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

What's going on with Ooga-Mooga?

Pages: 1 10 replies

I suddenly noticed a banner across the top of the screen announcing that the site would be getting an "ooverhaul", and after reading through the impressive announcement I noticed that it was posted almost exactly 3 years ago.

Has the overhaul already happened?

Additionally, I'm curious about the trade success rate on this site. I've sent messages to many users asking if they would be interested in trading or selling, but I never seem to receive responses. Has anyone else had this happen?

S

Those links are to old posts, so I guess that means the updates already happened.

I also guess that didn't include the ability to get alerts when someone send you a message. That must be why no one is responding to my messages. :)

[ Edited by: Benvolio7 2015-04-17 21:32 ]

On 2015-04-17 21:31, Benvolio7 wrote:
Those links are to old posts, so I guess that means the updates already happened.

I also guess that didn't include the ability to get alerts when someone send you a message. That must be why no one is responding to my messages. :)

No, the updated was never promoted, it's still in development. Also, email alerts through OM work, I've received them recently.

On 2015-04-18 08:11, Loki-Tiki wrote:

On 2015-04-17 21:31, Benvolio7 wrote:

No, the updated was never promoted, it's still in development. Also, email alerts through OM work, I've received them recently.

Ah. Good to know.

Well, since the people I've reached out to haven't responded to me in a few months would anyone here like to work out a trade?

I have two Trader Sam's 2nd edition mugs (Zombie and Krakatoa) and I'm looking for a Tiki Room 50th anniversary Pele mug.

Well, since the people I've reached out to haven't responded to me in a few months would anyone here like to work out a trade?

I have two Trader Sam's 2nd edition mugs (Zombie and Krakatoa) and I'm looking for a Tiki Room 50th anniversary Pele mug.

This tread is a good resource for trading and wish lists: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46028&forum=5 :wink:

J

There were many updates/upgrades planned for the site, and I saw a few of those upgrades in their early stages when Humuhumu needed another set of eyes on them. Then she got pregnant and her priorities changed. I don't know if those updates are still on her radar, but I'm sure we all understand how real life often takes precedence over website ooverhauls. :wink:

I just went to look at the web site and got a 'page not found' notice. Anyone have information on the site?

Works fine for me...

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Buzzy Out!

Everything's working for me also. They added a new mug to their template today, maybe they were updating it while you were trying to get on? On some sites the content isn't available while they update.

aloha, tikicoma

J

It was down for me for a while last night too, but it's fine now. Someone was sending me messages on the site, but I wasn't able to retrieve them. I think it may have been down only in certain geographic areas. Odd.

Pages: 1 10 replies