Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

RyVanTiki's carving log

Pages: 1 10 replies

Hello everyone. I'm new to tiki carving and would like to use this post to share my work and hopefully get feedback/critique so that I can improve. I've only carved one tiki so far but I'm hooked!! Sadly I discovered this awesome resource only after carving my first one. It's not finished yet but what the heck I'll post anyways

This is an example of my blacksmith work done with hammer and punches that I made. It supossed to ne an attempt at forging frankenstein but it looks more like something from Easter Island lol this was done a year ago

A man of many talents.
Let's see some more Tikis.

Thank you Will Carve. I have been reading your thread. Your work is amazing!! I don't have anymore palm logs at the moment but a tree trimmer friend should be bringing some soon. So in the mean time I'm reading and absorbing what I can here and I just ordered the Book of Tiki. Hope it gets here soon!

[ Edited by: RyVanTiki 2015-04-20 08:28 ]

T

I like that. Nice job ryVan!

Thank you BigT

Looking good! Bring us some more!

N

Welcome Glad your here keep comming back!

Thank you Aloha Texas Tiki and Nicework...Im trying to hustle up more palm logs..seems like carving tiki's is all I think about anymore. I've been anxiously awaiting the mailman to deliver my copy of the BOT, not sure what to expect but from what I've seen on here it is a must read. In the mean time between my search for logs and waiting on the mail man, I started trying to carve a parrot from a chunk of 4x4 post I had left over when I rebuilt my fence.

So all last week I anxiously awaited the delivery of The Book of Tiki...a package finally showed up saturday and I was like a kid on christmas morning..I tore into that box as packing peanuts flew in the air only to to find that they sent the wrong book!! Instead of the book of tiki I received The Last Resort ...huge disappointment..so I contacted the seller, they said "Whoops my bad, we'll mail out the right book monday" ...so more waiting this week but I'm hoping today will be the day. Im chopping at the bit to carve but I feel like I need to read this book first..if that makes sense??

Pages: 1 10 replies